Pages

Sunday 23 June 2013

C ARERS

People are all different, even people doing the same job.
Well I already knew this, from the differing personalities that were teachers in my schools.

So why does it  so surprise me that carers can be so different.

I have  a super team of four from Scope. But they are all so different and have such differing interests and skills. I get on with them all in different ways. They are all kind, all try to get basic tasks like managing the hoist correct and all , I feel, have my best interests at heart.

One of them has young children,and is most definitely someone who enjoys house work. eg She loves ironing and does it beautifully.

The second is very shy and lacks some confidence. It is so clear that she wants to be perfect in all she does. She takes her time to be just right and asks frequently to check that things are done as I would wish.

Number three is more of a clown. ...  BUT...She uses her common sense and is so funny. She is a speedy worker and even managed to clean all the windows in record time... she loves music eg Radio 2 and sings along.

Number four, today's carer,, has done the same art course as me , but she went on to complete to degree level. We have lots of art-related things to talk about and she doesn't mind doing mucky jobs like cleaning my brushes. This so helps, as it takes me an afternoon and I end up wet and making the bathroom filthy ( I can't reach the sink).

So differing personalities all adding value to my care.

I was so worried, when dear Laura left, as to whom would replace her, but this team seem great AND I still see Laura every Wednesday... so care wise.. fingers crossed... I feel Ive got it made.

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

2 comments:

  1. It must help if you like and share interests with the people who are caring for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot believe this was 3 years ago. I was the clown with common sense, who sang. Nikki is still in my heart.

    ReplyDelete