Pages

Wednesday 26 June 2013

THE DAY BEFORE I GO TO GLASTO

My friend Laura had borrowed my cases.. So I panicked that I didn't have a case ! (I had given away all other cases when I downsized, realising that I wouldn't be going on any/many? more hols).

 Now you say why didn't you simply text Laura... well she has mob probs and is waiting for her partner to up-grade her phone, then she will have a good mob. BUT this wont happen for about a month.. so until then I contact Laura via Jess... so last night I txted Jess.. "Please remind Laura to bring bags when she comes tomorrow"  I got a response that Laura was in bed ... ill. So this morn, still without bags, I sent txt to Jess... How is \Laura.. a friend will collect bags if she is still unwell...

No response... My anxiety rose.

Sharon , my support worker, who is very laid back, tried to calm me by saying that we could make a list.

No I said, the way I pack is to go through the day deciding what I need for each part. But on this occasion we will also need to make a list of those things that are to be used then put in last thing... eg night stand for catheter...

So I decide at least I can do meds... put six of each pill in a box for night or day. It was then that I found I didn't have enough of some meds as they had been changed.

So I rang Dr and asked if meds were due to be delivered.. Ask the pharmacy... Rang pharmacy.. explain I'm short and about to go away... why? Where.. Glasto... wow ! ( Ive taught one of the assistants in the pharmacy and the daughters of another, so they know me... OK we will send them up today..

Richard arrives with hire car/van. I become more anxious when I say that hoist needs to be available in case I need the bathroom. Oh it's OK he says ,you'll just got off with Anne.. Ah ! I now realise, and this is what stresses me, that they don't exactly realise the extent of my disablement !! OH Dear!!

Physio arrives 30mins early and starts to teach Sharon how to massage my feet.. (Great but I know that if she stays for the whole time the my lunch of egg and waffles wont be cooked.. and I had only a few strawberries for breakfast as the toast was to difficult to eat..... and I was getting hungry !

Anyway few minutes later as we are deep in our massage lesson and I am in fits giving points for each person... my mate Barry arrives. He makes coffee and then watches entranced.

The lesson over Physio and Sharon depart. Barry makes me a lunch of cheese tomato and crackers and we have a chat.

2:00o'colck and Laura should arrive... Panic now truly rising !!!  But a few minutes later she arrives ... WITH BAGS !!!

OH I for got to say that the man to mend bed should have arrived by this time... so no clothes could be laid out... Laura had a coffee.... me a glass of wine... the stress was about to show. Just at the end of the wine the man from Yorkshire Care arrived. It was an easy job to fix... the motors had gone... WHY? Ive only had the bed about two or three months !!

Anyway bed fixed, Laura followed my instructions and most of the packing was completed !

Sharon arrived for visit two. There she said , I told you all would be well !!!!So the next hour or two was spent watching news,talking to my girls and answering texts.

I have had so many texts from friends wishing me well for Glasto... it has be amazing. Sharon commented, Is there no-one in West Yorks who doesn't know that you're going ? !!!!

I ate some dinner and am drinking red wine too. I now have to finish off the list with Sarah, night Carer and also shower... the last till Monday !!

There must be something I have left out... this was a truly manic day... but I hope you get the taste of my day.

My breathing has become worse as the day has gone on... But , Hey !, that's living with MND !

( Sorry if the garammar in this Blog is off no time to draft.... I'm finishing packing, I'm off to Glasto tomorrow you know !!!!!

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

1 comment: