Pages

Thursday 4 April 2013

ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE !

Another great night last night. Shower and a foot massage before bed. YEY !!!
I was woken at 7:30 by the carers . Very early, but I'm feeling so much better that nothing was going to phase me.
BUT then it came to the transfer using the standing hoist. There have to be two people..... and I'm still  not sure why ,as when in this hoist I am completely safe. Anyway, two carers arrived, one knew a little of what should happen and the other , not a clue ! 
So who instructed them ? Well me of course !!!
Breakfast fine and at 9:40 I left in the Green Van for my appointments with the psychiatrist and then the social worker in Hebden Bridge.
The medical centre has disabled parking but the road was narrowed by bad parking of others. So I decided to back out and look for another space to park. Not easy to find as Thursday is market day in Hebden, It was then as I was reversing slowly, that a car came round the corner and simply put his hand on the horn in annoyance. I wanted to say, walk in my shoes mate, but of course he never will ! So back I go up narrow drive, let him pass and complete the manoeuvre. The parking gods were with me, a perfect space for disabled at the end of a row so I could have space to open the rear exit.
I exited, went to appointments . It seems that as the NHS are paying 60% of my care package I will get no choice in whom is employed ( VERY annoying).
Bright sunshine and still feeling positive, I went to pharmacy to see when much needed catheter supplies are coming .They hadn't been ordered ! Would have to go across the road to the Dr's. No problem but annoyed a little.
However I needed moisturiser, I use No7. This was brill, 3 for 2 ! At £23 a pot quite a saving but with the numerous vouchers I had I ended up getting £10 worth of Boots points. So a purchase of £69 came effectively to £36 ! A killing !! Yey !!
Off to Dr's. 10 bags had been delivered (you need one per night ) , and no repeat !! Anyway the receptionist was very helpful, so all should be well, fingers, or should it be legs crossed !!!
Back to the car. It wouldn't start !!  AGAIN. I tried and tried but the key would not turn far enough. I immediately worried that my right hand had lost strength..... so RAC to be contacted ....... But catheter needed emptying if I might have to wait for them.
Back to Dr's . I go into disabled loo and its helpfully on a plinth. But this means I cant get tap over loo. Off to friendly receptionist again. I explain the problem to her ( and the rest of the waiting room !!! She gave me a small container. It took 3 goes of stopping and starting tap to empty bag!!!
Back to car. Ring RAC, thankfully phone number on the sticker inside. BUT they needed the reg number, Back I go out of van and read it to the RAC man. They were helpful and kind as ever. And arrived within 30mins. This gave me enough time to go onto market and buy a samosa, I was hungry. It was lovely !
RAC arrived and the B Green Van started first go ! I had been holding brake down as I turned key and this is very awkward as hands have to cross over in small space, thus my hand was not strong enough. So now I know I had been given mis-information and just have to use key, no break. Easy Peasy.
I got home at 1:40. Shattered !!
Fell asleep in chair, coat still on, Im so cold.
20 mins later..........Phone call. Landlord wanted to come with plumber to fix , not hot enough shower !
Maria popped up. LOVELY ! Had a cupa together and she rubbed my feet warm.
Michaela arrived. I had to go in stand up hoist and try walking. I shuffled !! But the first movement for 2 months!!
Carers arrived as Michaela was about to leave. Made me a salad, got steak out and chips....... so now , when I finish my GnT !! I'm off to cook!



ps . I'm feeling so much brighter, that ,though this was a challenging day, I have survived.......... with only one set of tears, and they were of sheer frustration!!!! 

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment