Pages

Tuesday 23 April 2013

HONEST, I HAVEN'T DESERTED YOU !!!

Since I last wrote I have been busy, busy, busy.

I eventually got the date for my catheter op sorted. (After 5 phone calls !!) AND I was right ! My dates were correct, so I am due to have it on Mon next ,( 6 more sleeps !)

I ,perhaps, could have found time to Blog last weekend , but actually I indulged myself in painting. It was bliss! I completed 3 pictures and am well on the way with another which I had started.

Monday was busy with physio, Laura (cleaning), Tesco, Becca doing my nails (deep purple), Dr Solomon talking about  /discussing End of Life Decisions (not easy ,ever) and  Janice, my artist friend, coming for lunch (3:00 by the time we ate !)

I've had two new night sitters recently. Consequently, I am extremely tired, as I never sleep well with a new person.

Today I went to the Hospice and Martin ( whom I know as he was hospital Chaplain when I was a presenter on  Hospital Radio , at Halifax, and from when he did assemblies at my school in Hebden Bridge), and Hal, came in to sing with us. It was great ! I had my nails cut and a foot massage and a quiet snooze in a corner ! The bus that transports me is new and my wheelchair was placed in a virtually empty ambulance right in the middle. I felt every jolt and needed paracetamol for the pain on arrival at Overgate. Tonight I should have had standing practise , but was too tired. I'm writing this then cooking meal. Karen is the night sitter tonight, we get on well and she will help me shower.

Tomorrow I go to Sheffield to see Prof Shaw. Well I hope I will!! Snow, wrong ambulance, no ambulance, mean that this is 4th time lucky !!  This will be a long day.

On Thursday, my college friend, Christine is visiting from Cambridge. YEY !!!!

On Friday Laura comes, then physio,  and Barry will visit for a catch up in the afternoon.

On Saturday, I go to Rugby for the Baptism of my newest grandchild. This will be a mega journey and as I'm hiring the minibus, not without cost. I'm soooo looking forward to seeing people. It will be fun . But it may be sad also, as it may well be the last time I see some of these people. I doubt that they will ever make it up north. BUT Barry and Maria are coming with me, so they will be a great comfort,  I'm sure.

So on Sunday a lie- in was planned,had I been able to arrange people to get me out of bed later than usual. BUT I have to go into hospital in Huddersfield at 2:00. Actually, I don't need to go until 7:00 on Mon morning, but there are no carers to get me up early. My op is on Monday and I will come home on Tues.

So , a busy week. I trust you will forgive me if I don't Blog for a while. OK??

Hope you like the music I am leaving for you.......But most especially for all of us with MND.




HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you all the best for Monday. My, you are so busy, hope to come and see you soon . Glad you have been able to paint recently, look forward to seeing your new paintings! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all went well with the operation and this finds you well.

    ReplyDelete