Pages

Saturday 2 February 2013

BAKING TRAYS AND NO HEAT!!!

Woke this morning, went to bathroom.
Went to wash my hands... water cold.
Never mind, I thought ,it takes ages to get from boiler... so just coped....

Made coffee.
Turned on tap to wash fry pan... It ran and ran and ran... eventually I realised there was no hot water... Felt rads... no heat... PANIC !!!!!

Left it for the time and  drank coffee... no heat.
By now 10:30.
Rang Richard, landlord. He said he would be up by noon.
R arrived at 11:30 , just as I finished dressing, having "washed" with Pampers baby wipes ..... Very Glasto !!!!

It turned out that the water pressure was minimal... and was sorted by 1:30.

But at 1:15 my mate Tony arrived... we had a coffee in the sunshine. ... and he collected paintings which he had bought.

At 1:45 Sue arrived.
At 2:30 six women were due to arrive for a Jamie Oliver cook-ware party... Sues first ..... She sorted it all...... I had been so stressed by lack of heat.... or potential lack of heat,  that I was frozen into a position of inactivity.

Anyway. The J Oliver stuff is great.
Sue was great and I chose to buy 2 things. A set of small baking trays (had only just thrown away mine as they were peeling ), and three dear little dishes for little snacks like crisps , olives etc..........

So here I am.
I've made a salsa and will shortly put some potato wedges in oven along with Tandoori Chicken brought by dear Pat.

I am having a calm evening.. and looking forward to a gentle day day tomorrow.. doing some writing on my care plan.. and some painting.


HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment