Pages

Tuesday 19 February 2013

MORE ADVENTURES IN THE LITTLE GREEN VAN !!!

After a weekend full of fun and millions of visitors, I found myself with just Eliza and my two grandchildren (aged 3 and 5). All  relatively calm and peaceful. 
Splash came in the morning . The children popped off to the playground mid morning and had a wonderful play.
In the afternoon we had decided to go to "Flying Saucers", in Hebden Bridge, where you can paint pottery.
I rang for a taxi for them, having decided that I would go down in the green van, so that I would have full use of my wheels in HB.
The taxi firm, thinking I needed a taxi for myself, were very apologetic , saying the man with the wheelchair taxi no longer worked in HB. In this instance it didn't matter, but, in the long term it does, as any possibility of using a taxi is gone . And I must say, that after the last RAC visit ,I was about to throw in the towel and commit to using Taxis!!  OK, I could get one, but it would come from Halifax, at a probable cost of £50 each journey ! So I guess I need to investigate any community transport help......

Anyway on to Flying Saucers... all great fun !

Liza got a taxi home and I went to green van to return too.
A car was parked behind me, leaving not enough room for access.. despite the sign saying Please leave 2.5 m space !!!
No matter, I thought. I sat in the sun, had a cigarette and waited. Man and children eventually came, got in car and drove off !
Now, there are those of you that would say I should have had a go at him.... well Im sorry, I couldnt ! I knew that if I tackled him, I would be the one ending up in tears !
I got in. Car wouldn't start.... after a few goes I realised that I had , in error, locked the steering! RATS!!!! So sorted it.
Went to start car.. it didnt ! Several goes !!! Then I saw sign saying depress brake.. ! AHHH ! BUT Brake was on ????? !!!!!
I then realised that if you do anything unusual, eg undo the the steering lock or even ( and this is true), open a window !!! YES.... a window !!!! The over-ride on the systems are re-set to manual!!!
In this case it was the braking system. Three buttons... one of which I found out was a horn ! (You'll have guessed how I found that out !).... anyway, eventually brakes were working, I was set to go , car started ! YEY!!!!!

Up Keighley rd, OK. Sharp bend into Billy Lane. Difficult manoeuvre when you accelerate and steer with you hands... But road joining from Billy Lane, was clear.. I swung around ... perfect... except a horse box and a Tesco van decided there would be plenty of room and coming towards this junction didnt pull up short and wait, ( as most do ), but rather  moved to the corner ! RATS!!! So I had to mount the pavement.

Made it home for a cuppa !!!

PS Other issues as yet , unresolved, happened yesterday... to do with my very favourite issue of , "Not being able to get off the toilet"... When this is resolved I shall Blog the whole sad tale.........

Until then,

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND 


No comments:

Post a Comment