Pages

Thursday 14 February 2013

REDUCED TO TEARS... AGAIN... WHY? ... READ ON ...

So, Alarm set for 8:30, to leave house at 10:00... get to Tod at 10:45. (Yes, it takes that long to exit house, get into car and drive the 15 mins to Tod).
My plan was to go round market and buy some flowers, then off to Boots to get a lip gloss and some moisturiser... all treats ! YEY !! Then , off to dentists at 11:40 and nails at 12:30. (being done a few days early so that I look special for my Birthday on Sunday.)

Having been shut in by snow for a few days I was sooooo looking forward to this outing.

Dressing this morning was really difficult. Getting knickers on a major event !! I managed without crying, but only just. I really do need help to get me up , dress, and even to get my breakfast, ( I'm always starving in the morning , and a boiled egg would be great... but only ever manage cereal !)

So Coffee and cereal ... but milk short so rather dry cereal... Tesco due tomorrow...

Leave house on time.

Push button to open WAV (Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle )... no response ..... Move closer.. NO RESPONSE !!  

The rear door entry simply would not work.

I tried and tried from all angles.

Eventually ,it dawned on me, the reality, it simply was not going to work............ 

Now, here it is important to say how I feel about the dentists. This was my third attempt to go. Once cancelled because of snow , once cancelled because the back door of the Green van (WAV) , wouldn't close and now the door wouldn't even open !!!!!...........  AND the dentists had bought ramps especially for me to enter.........

So I was reduced to tears ! The sheer effort of dressing this morning, the sheer frustration of the back door of the van not opening.... the sheer stress of living with MND.. and it being so difficult !!!!

What should I do ? I simply couldnt ring dentists in my weeping state.

I rang Liza, my eldest daughter, and having reassured her I was ok, that I was weeping because of the van, asked her to ring dentists.... she did... then rang me back........

BUT  I was totally wiped out by the efforts this morning .. both sad and disappointed... and ,     actually,             Bloody Mad !!!

RAC came. The reason this time that the door wouldn't open, was that the battery in the zapper which controls the rear door entry, was flat !!!

What else can go wrong???????

This was so simple, and in many cases would be a laugh, but, in the context of my troubles , became the straw that broke this camels back.

Luckily my mate Janice was due to arrive at 2:00 ish.. we had a great chat.. then Michaela (Physio) came at 4:00 ,and massaged my feet....... wonderful !!!

So , I'm calm now , but still wondering about how getting my knickers on tomorrow will go.
This disease is simply horrid !!

HUG ME , I'VE GOT MND



1 comment:

  1. We all have days when nothing seems to go right. We just got to keep trying and moving forward. So many people just give up but you give others hope to keep trying. Hope is a wonderful thing. I have been following your blog since December, I don't have ALS/ MND. I have had a back injury for almost 15 years.

    ReplyDelete