Pages

Saturday 23 February 2013

SIZE DOES MATTER !

So my last Blog was about the situation I was in re getting off the toilet.... and carers..

You will be pleased, I hope, as I am, to find that I am NOT in a Care Home ! But it was a battle !
If I'm repeating here please accept my apologies.... The last week has left me exhausted,  I have been very emotional..... thus haven't updated the Blog for a few days.

SO .........  SIZE DOES MATTER !!   I knew, when they were described to me, that the spacers would be simple tubes, about 1" high... I also knew that an extra inch of height on the toilet would enable me to get off by myself..... well, for a while ... until a care plan and other issues were on the way to being solved.
It realise that if I have a full time carer, I will be be able to have help with the toilet at any point of the day. Either with a helping hand to support me or, in a while, an inevitable hoist.
BUT......... I do not want 24 hour care. The thought of someone in my home all the time horrifies me, I need space . (Mind you the thought of a Care home horrifies me more!!)

To give the Matron  credit , she did talk to the GP immediately after leaving me on Wednesday. The GP  did an urgent referral to a Urologist and I have an appointment for mid March .
The Matron did ask if I thought it might be an idea to find information on catheters , did I Google.......... !!!!!!!!

AS IF I WOULDN'T .........

The care team did Thur and Fri morning... and from today, will be in  morning and evening... but I have no idea for what time this visit is planned. (Ho Hum !!!!)
NB. .......... on Friday I did send a message via carer for the manager of the service to contact me... I have no contact number.... but she didn't..( I guess beggars cant be choosers... !!!!!!!)  BUT by listening to me, they will save money as there are certain times I don't want the carers !

You can only do so much....When will some of these people realise Im not thick !!!!

This certainly doesn't apply to all the teams.The  usual team of Michaela and Bethan are brilliant , and have been since I first met them over a year ago. I am treated with respect, understanding . My thoughts , views ideas are taken as important.

This is a mix up of thoughts and events I know...

But back to the Spacers. Prism are the company who supply and fit. Estimated delivery 3 to 5 days.
Imagine my delight, when I got a call on Thursday , from Katy at Prism, to say that the engineer would arrive to fit them on Friday morning, at 8:00........ OH dear, early start ..........., but I knew it was in my interest to getup .

AH ! Katy said ,The engineer doesn't have the part. I'll get the couriered over night.
AH! Katy said,  That's no good he needs them early. I'll get them couriered overnight, with arrival before 9:00.

AH Katy, I said, You are a star !!
Prism certainly pulled out all the stops. What service .

So Fri morn, I was up at 7:30 and Fed EX arrived just after. Engineer arrived and didnt bat an eyelid when I said I needed to take a picture.
Here it is ...........

The little silver bit is all that was necessary..OK a short term measure, but had it be ordered when I asked ( a month ago), I would have be saved all the anxiety, all the upset, all the worry... AND the indignity of using a commode for 3 days. (This latter bit, not at all nice........ but I'm not going into detail !)

What a week. I do hope I get some peace next week but Monday is not going to be, for certain.. My diary reads thus:
8...                Carer, making breakfast
9.....             Splash , showering me
10....             Laura arrives
10:30............Michelle re direct payment planning
Plus at some point the District Nurse will come to take blood .. ( another story re liver function...)


HUG ME , I'VE GOT MND 

No comments:

Post a Comment