Pages

Sunday 26 August 2012

ANOTHER CHALLENGING TIME !

Where had I got to?. Car challenge.24thaug, . Well mick garage man, arrived at noon, supposed to be first thing in the morning ! He adjusted brake push and accelerator ring. He then told me the exact opposite of previous info re driving:
If you push brake on fully , accelerator disengages had not been told this.
If you push anywhere on accelerator ring it works.. It doesn't!ANOTHER CHALLENGING TIME ,
If you do a hill start, you hold car with brake.. Had been never  to do so!

So armed with all this info, I braved driving, leaving the house via my bottom!
John and I went to MM.. Dishwasher and freezer had arrived. Because of pipes the freezer can't fit in utility room. Will have to go in garage. SO HOW DO I MANAGE ICE NEEDS FOR SIX O'CLOCK DRINK!   Big big issue!!

At four, by which time the sofa should have arrived, I had a call. Sofa van in Scarborough! They would be late. LATE ? Late. I informed them I couldn't be at MM then. So next available delivery , sept 6 th.. Day baby due!

So on we go to Saturday. Tesco man on time. They are so reliable! Got house ready for neighbours coming to dinner. Amazing thunderstorm. Power cut! Telephone fall detector, kept telling me it was off.. Good job I didn't fall just then! Rebecca and Tom with iris stuck 2 hrs at Murts.. 5 hrs total journey from hx. Helen popped in to make sure I wasn't stuck halfway up stairs on chair lift!

Electricity back on.
Dinner party. Yey! They did final details in kitchen as I was surrounded by chairs unable to move! Good excuse, glass of wine in hand.
Good evening, good sleep!

Sunday, today. Both sets of neighbours due at 10 to take stuff, load stuff, move stuff. Liz due at 10:30, pack food..the we all go to MM.
So there I was thinking about the logistics of all this, getting coffee, cereal and meds from fridge... So distracted I took the three pils all in one go rather than spaced out through day. This was potentially very serious.. Rang out of hrs docs service. First had to convince them it wasn't intentional.. Then was quickly put through to help , was kept in touch at all times. After much consultation it was recognised that any  effects would not happen immediately .. If I felt certain side effects I should immediately dial 999.
 Well I'm ok , just had a thick head all day! But couldn't go out. Dear Liz did do curtains, after ironing spare bedroom ones found there was a fault, sewing over tapes, no way to gather... Also not sufficient rings for lounge pole.

Steven removed rings from my kitchen pole so hopefully they will be the right diameter for the MM pole.

Rebecca kept in touch and made me multiple cups of tea.

Ginny and Elsa can be at MM to unload van tomorrow, thus allowing me to use w.chair when Elsa and I go to idea in Warrington in the afternoon.. So that I have a good practise drive..

MANIC!

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment