Pages

Wednesday 15 August 2012

WHAT A TWERP ! !

Ok to get the significance of the title over... I'm a twerp because I turned up at hospital, neurology department, 24 hrs early!!

In order to keep appointment now I have had to change Tesco-mans arrival, change the time when I am meeting Liz, to peruse curtains, and most importantly will have to manage on my own , as today John was pushing me.  So watch this space for more porter related incidents... or keep your fingers crossed for me, that all goes well!

Talking of going well a few splendid things today. Sue and Pip called in with Fish and chips, yum, en route to St Neots. Sue and I taught together in Little Paxton in 1974. So lovely to spend even a short time with them,,,,, and they brought fresh picked dahlias and Thornton's chocs! YEY!

The next news was that the part for my car has arrived from Italy, just prior to the factory closing for a month!!! How cross would I be had this happened? BUT all is well. I will have it all fitted next Monday, collecting on WED. Think I aught to invest in P signs... I will be driving from wheelchair and using my hands only. How tricky will this be!! 
But Im sure I'll eventually manage. 
The issue I have is that I need to be confident enough to drive to Northampton when baby Scannell arrives. Due Sept 6th... and with the house move planned for Aug 30th I'm up to my ears, when will I get motorway practice time? But Nothing will keep me from seeing my new grandchild when s/he is new and lovely and wrinkly!

Next good news was that my sofa can be delivered on Aug 24th. The carpets will be down then, and I shall organise dishwasher and freezer to arrive that day too. 

So all going well, I do have an A4twitter .com sheet of people to ring/contact though... the usual stuff like council tax,  gas and electricity etc... telephone in and running and internet set up for 22nd... so all going well.

I do need rest and to keep calm though as anxiety of all this and MND causes my heart to race sometimes, and its very frightening.

Lots of people are helping pack and move stuff, I'm so grateful.

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND.

No comments:

Post a Comment