Pages

Wednesday 8 May 2013

EEEEEEK ! A MOUSE ? IN MY HOUSE ?????

Today Laura came , as she always does on a Wednesday, to do the cleaning and all the other bits of caring that she always does.

Today is, "Put out the re-cycling "  Day. She moved the bags out prior to emptying and prior to mopping floor.

Then she spotted it/them ! Mouse droppings !!!!

Now, I used to catch the mice that Meggie brought in, they were always alive ...... grrrrrrh !!! But I caught them by chasing around with the colander,trapping them (eventually), and taking them up to the field above the house.

Well, I say this is what I did... I did, except for once ,when she managed to bring in two on one rainy night. The first was dispatched into the field but the second, when I had caught it, was thrown through the kitchen window, quite a drop onto the pavement !!! Sorry mouse.... but I wasn't going to get wet again.

What I hadn't realised was that someone was walking up the pavement and the mouse dropped very close to him !! OOOps !!!

So when I say I did this once , I mean, I did only do it the once !!

Anyway back to the kitchen clean today. Laura reckons there were mouse droppings.. Me, I prefer to think it was a stray coffee ground or dried herb.

Much better for me to think this than have to formulate the action plan for catching a mouse with the colander from a wheel-chair !

My Beloved MEGGIE.. the Mouse Catcher




Re name... IT'S RAINING MICE   !!!





HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND 






2 comments:

  1. Hmm.. it seems that you're having mouse invasion, Nikki. Haha! Anyway, you can usually attract a mouse with food and dishes that have strong aroma, most common are cheese and sweets. To avoid them from coming back, you should first look for their entry ways. Regular house cleaning is not enough as long as they occupy some spaces in the corner of your house.

    #Bill@SkedaddleWildLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct, Nikki! Mice droppings are certainly a very obvious sign of mice infestations at home. It would be best to find where they are nesting, and have them driven out of your home as soon as possible. Glad that you have Meggie to help you for that! Take care!


    Debra Owen @ Invader.net

    ReplyDelete