Pages

Friday 3 May 2013

IT STARTED WITH A LAUGH !



So... Its morning..... 8:20 ish, about the time that my carers come to wake me, shower and dress me.




I had had a visit from the diabetic nurse yesterday who said that my blood sugar average was very low.. 3.2 apparently , so I will be feeling tired . ( Yes I always do!!), and therefore my med would be reduced.

I was actually pleased at this, as I had been warned that med amount only increases in strength and that I would end up injecting....

But, on the other hand, I wasn't too surprised. My diet has changed considerably in the last year. I eat smaller meals , I drink little wine, and I v v rarely have anything sweet. I'd like to say this was me being disciplined, but no, it's not that! Its just that my taste has changed.

As I felt very hungry when I woke,( as I do now a days,) I requested a cup of tea and a biscuit. On medical grounds of course !!!!!!


The nurse also said that my dose of Thyroxine had to be increased... thus I would be feeling tired ! ( Yes I always do!!).


So there are two additional reasons for my almost permanent exhaustion !(Ie apart from MND!!)


So I sat up in bed and organised the carers to get my clothes out. My friend Janice, was coming for the afternoon, my friend Elsa, bringing dinner tonight, and my daughter arrives late this evening ... I thought I would wear nice clothes.


So here I sit , sipping tea (right now... but glass of wine waiting !!) looking quite respectable... Brightly coloured Gypsy skirt ( hides tubing !!) and black jumper..... mind you, the purple fluffy slippers don't add to the smart image !!

( I need some shoes, Wide fit, plus depth..... and I don't want granny shoes , thank you !!! Does anyone know where I can get such items?? width isn't a problem, its the depth ( swollen feet))


So.... All this being organised ,and I still hadn't finished cup of tea, chatter followed.. (and this is the tag line you are waiting for !!!!!)


"I see Yousef did well."

"Oh, we didn't vote here," says I . (Thinking Yousef must be a well known person in my carers area, who had won the election. )

"Neither did we"...

Mystified I said..."Well who is Yousef?"

"You know, .. them... Yousef "

Ahhh,,,,,,,, the light dawned...... "UKIP, You mean."

"Yes ,Yousef"


Mrs Malaprop rides again !!!


So to end this with a laugh here are some Malapropisms that I have copied from the web:


"Your ambition - is that right - is to abseil across the English channel?"
Cilla Black

"It is beyond my apprehension."
Danny Ozark, baseball team manager

"Listen to the blabbing brook."
Norm Crosby

"This is unparalyzed in the state's history."
Gib Lewis, Texas Speaker of the House

"Marie Scott... has really plummeted to the top."
Alan Weeks

"Unless somebody can pull a miracle out of the fire, Somerset are cruising into the semi-final."
Fred Trueman


"The police are not here to create disorder, they're here to preserve disorder."
Richard Daley, former Chicago mayor

"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child."
Dan Quayle, Vice President

"Well, that was a cliff-dweller."
Wes Westrum, about a close baseball game

"If Gower had stopped that [cricket ball] he would have decapitated his hand."
Farokh Engineer


And ... as for George Bush....




"The law I sign today directs new funds... to the task of collecting vital intelligence... on weapons of mass production."

"It will take time to restore chaos and order."

"They have miscalculated me as a leader."

"I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for predecessors as well."

"We need an energy bill that encourages consumption."






Hope you laughed too !!!


AND , if you wish to see video of The Rivals , in which Mrs Malaprop appears, do select this link www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSNm02TS518






HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

1 comment:

  1. Don't know what has happened to your font., but very hard to see......I had to hilight it to see it properly. My youngest sister is a Mrs Malaprop! One of her funniest was when giving directions she said "turn right at the b...ocks" instead of bollards....we remind her of it frequently!

    ReplyDelete