Pages

Friday 17 May 2013

MANY LOSSES


In the last few days and I have been too exhausted to write, sorry!
 For example, yesterday I had a total of 16 people through my door. Today,( a quiet day !!!!!), a mere 10 !!! 
So, I’m sure you understand my silence once again..
So.... the losses......
I had a phone call from a guy I haven’t actually ever met. His name is Roger. Roger is the brother of my friend Nicki. Nicki, I met in hospital at Sheffield. We shared award for 4 days. Nicki was my clone, in many ways . A teacher, same name, similar age... but Nicki had Bulbar MND. It meant that she could walk when I couldn’t,......... but couldn’t talk or swallow, when I could.
Together we made a perfect Nicola.
Though I didn’t know Nicki for long, it was our synchronicity that made us close. In truth I didn’t have too much contact, but I will never forget her.
So as you get to the end of these paragraphs, you will realise that Nicki has died, and that is why her brother, Roger rang.    
I am so sad and offer my deepest sympathies to Roger, and all the friends and family, of dear Nicki.

Today I had another sad letter, telling me of another death. The man who died was called Ken. He was nearly 90 and died of old age, not MND.
Ken was, sort of, a last link with my parents. Ken and Kay (his late wife) were best friends with mum and dad and used to meet up most Friday nights at The Speech House, Royal Forest of Dean. Dad and Ken both head teachers, Mum and Kay both teachers.
I send my deepest sympathies to the three children and, of course my love.
I have many funny happy memories of the Friday nights... especially when too much Whiskey was imbibed!!!

My other losses are to do with my MND.
I can no longer click my fingers on my left hand; I can’t easily lift a full cup of coffee.
And lastly, I made the phone call today to have my car taken back.
This too is a very sad loss. I have been a driver since I was 17.

So much sadness.

HUG ME, I’VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment