Pages

Thursday 9 May 2013

FIRE !!!!

I've been having truly terrible problems with my feet.
Most of the day they are cold... this seems to happen lots when people have MND.

BUT ,especially in the night, they go hot... I mean HOT....excruciatingly HOT..... Like they are on FIRE! 
It starts with a prickle under my foot. Within minutes it becomes so very hot and the prickle becomes the blade of a hot knife.
The only way of cooling them is with wet flannels , opening a window and completely uncovering my legs to the knee.
It can take 30mins to reduce the temperature. In fact the night before last I had my night sitter cooling my feet 9 times. I was in agony.

So all the thoughts of fiery feet made me remember The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, and the track Fire.

This in turn reminded me of something that happened during Rag Week , when I was in the second year at college in Leicester.

My boyfriend ,John, was on the organising committee.He was at Leicester Uni and I was at college, we had known each other at school since the age of 11.

Crazy World were booked for the Ball.

At the end of his performance the committee took his head-dress and held it for a ransom.
I remember, he paid £5 to get it back. We all thought this was a small fortune , and how clever we were !!!

Bizarre...... what happens when you are young  !!!








HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment