Pages

Monday 20 May 2013

I NEED MORE / BETTER CARE


First a notice:
My laptop is poorly so I wont Blog again till its better!! Its off to laptop Drs tomorrow !


Now the Blog:
 The following is an extract from the  email that I sent to my social worker last night  . I thought it appropriate that you too have a copy..
 
Hi ,
Hope you had good weekend.
Mine was mixed.
I went to Samaritan gathering on Sat afternoon, I had a wonderful time , being “normal”.  Calderdale Vol transport providing mini bus. ( Very good care and service. ) (There are no taxis in Hebden Bridge which take wheel chair passengers )
I have,  reluctantly, decided to get rid of car as the morphine makes me somewhat slower to react, I lacking confidence as I feel I could be a danger to others and myself. This is very sad as I have been a driver since 17.
 
On Saturday night, my night sitter did not turn up. I needed the bathroom at 9 so called on my nearest available  friend, from Tod. She had to ask another person to give her a lift.
 
Thus , having gone to the bathroom, when carer didn't arrive promptly, I didn't worry. (J,has been late before)            When it got to 10:30 I began to worry. I decided to wait till 11:15..... (perhaps a mistake on my behalf )... 11:15 is when last bus arrives. 
No carer by then, so I decided to sleep in wheel chair.
Had I rung the agency at that point, they may well have got someone.... but whom... ??
At the very least it would be 12:30 by the time someone got here, and then I would need to explain how to treat me ( care plan not up to date), and I would get little sleep and would have been anxious and maybe in pain. (ie If I am not moved correctly ,.  NB I am unable to move myself ,  I am in considerable pain, which the morphine helps to eliminate, but not completely)
 
So I slept in wheel chair. Its now 9:25.pm . I have been here since 9:30 am  yesterday. 36hrs!!!!   I am shattered and my bottom is sore.
 
The SIT team were wonderful this morning and treated me so kindly. They put me in rise and recline chair to eat breakfast, and stayed to do lunch toilet visit. Thus, I did have 1 hr out of w.chair. I have great respect for the SIT team. They may make the odd mistake, but they always do their best, treat me with respect ,courtesy and kindness.And always turn up.)
 

 
I believe I need more care.
 
Please do take this to the panel on Wednesday. Thankyou.
 Yours sincerely ,     Nikki    (Woodman)
 
PS  I spoke to care agency this morning. They apologised. I expressed my view that I realised that J (planned carer ),should have contacted them should she be unable to arrive promptly, However should she or her family be unwell or in an accident I would not wish her penalised. However if this was not the case then she should be dealt with sternly.
 
PPS   Care Agency, have accused me of being too “particular” .My response was that I need a night carer who is suitably skilled, and with whom I would not be afraid. At the moment they have few  I believe this is a recruitment issue for ADVANTAGE, and not an issue of my being “particular”


Now to lighten the mood:







HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment