Pages

Friday 8 June 2012

THE 48HR MAKEOVER....!

Wednesday...
Halfords arrived at 9:15 and sorted all the stuff for store, leaving the lounge empty.
Rebecca arrived having thought that the lounge would need a clean and sert about hoovering and moving furniture.. ( what a star)
Sarah podiatrist, phoned, she had forgotten she had a meeting with Registrar as she is to be married next week..!!!!!
John arrived, carried things upstairs for me, the loaded wheelchair into car, saw me down steps  the off we went to Halifax.
First stop Howdens kitchens... chose pale grey cupborrd doors with burgundy back splash.. Sink and cooker both like a desk so wheelchair can go under.. brill
Second stop.. Classic carpets...sort of chose a spearmint green... but not sure.. really want grey but think I shouldn't have so much grey in someone-elses home.. this is difficult...
Third stop, B&Q to choose tiles.. think their display being changed as very few tiles on display.. think I want matt white, quite large..
Got home at 5:45
Ginny arrived at 6
She helped me move stuff from the kitchen. We then had a curry.
Ginny left at 9  ish and another friend who had a few p-robs she needed to talk over rang at 9:30.
Got to bed at 10:15 in time to watch The Fugitive.. missed the beginning, but had seen that the week before... but missed the end ,as fell asleep.


Thursday...
David from Reeds Rains arrived to take pics for house brochure, so did Rebecca and Liz arrive as my stylists.
Signed papers and realised I hadn't contacted a solicitor..
Had multiple phone calls re Closamat toilet, grants, the car and the need to send driving license... found out later that I can scan and email copies.. also psych will do home visit..
Off to Halifax.
Neurologist. He noted my voice and breathing strong but legs week and also left hand. .....Well I realised this any way... See him again in Sept as I'm off to Sheffield and Prof Shaw in a few weeks time.. If any new thing is found then he will see me earlier.
Need liver function test as Riluzole may upset liver so have to have these every 3/4mths.. will contact GP to get nurse to come in for test.
Then off to Marks... Bra buying, t shirt buying... and at 4 a sandwich and scone..(was starving!!).
Back at Lizs home to get Leah, doggie and then home.  Arrived at 6 ish and have sat in chair ever since..

As I have said many times before.. YOU SO NEED TO BE FIT AND STRONG TO BE THIS ILL!!!


HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND.

No comments:

Post a Comment