Pages

Friday 1 June 2012

STARTED BAD.. ENDED GOOD !

Started the morning with TERRIBLE back ache. Michaela came and did massage and then with 2 paracetamol was able to face the day.
I actually didn't shower and dress till 5... but in the meantime...
I did loads of paper work. In truth most of it was paper recycling. But I did fill in all the forms for the car, now I have my license back.
Richard came at 2:30... and WOW what developments. It looks as though it will be 8 weeks before I get in bungalow, BUT... The doors are chosen, I have to choose tiles for bathroom , can go to Classic carpets and  choose carpet, ND need to choose kitchen too!! YEY!!! He has planned to have kitchen done with lower worktops, ie access ible for me in wheel chair.   SOOOOOOO Pleased about this.
Then I got a call from SAMS... it is very likely that a ramp will be provided to allow me to continyue volunteering in a wheel chair...

OK all this will take a few weeks but THE END IS IN SIGHT!!!!

Tonight, ( after I showered and dressed!!!) Steven and Ester Cooper took me to the opening of the Tod art show... ie the HND , Access, and BTEC people.  I was very impressed by the work done with the BTEC students. The room was so alive... congratulations.  Steve pushed me round and was able to bang me on the back at the right spot when my swallow went wrong.. Thankyou Steve. Dodgy moment there! Sadly I have had a few of such moments, is it the swallow muscles getting weaker... I think it may be . It's frightening for me, but not too many times so far. ( Praise be).

Tony was brilliant and has said he will come round soon to give me a tutorial... We agreed I'm Nikki artist, not Nikki MND...YEY!!!


HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment