Pages

Sunday 17 June 2012

DAYS OF REST...

Haven't Blogged for a few days as my hectic life finally caught up with me, and I have slept a lot fitting in other bits as necessary.
On Thursday John came round and we started to empty the cellar. Rebecca came to and they both claimed bits for their gardens and gardening. The lawnmower is left as Rebecca does the garden and Tom does the lawn... v v grateful. It is looking lovely. All the rain has meant that the plants have really grown. The Hostas are magnificent and the slug pellets have stopped then being eaten, so they have large lush leaves. The Honeysuckle on the archway is about to bloom too.We're nearly at the solstice , when Glasto happens, and I have happy memories of arriving home about 5am and the wonderful fragrance greeting me. No Glasto thgis year, but the fragrance will linger with those memories of a  tired, dirty, happy Nikki arriving home!  Glasto back on next year, I wonder if I'll make  it. Will need a carer but that person goes free, so well worthwhile!!! Yey!!!!I plan to do it and see where I'm at this time next year.  Fingers crossed.
One of my recent dreams was that The Stones were playing and Michael Eavis supplied a helicopter for me to arrive in to watch them from the wings!! Well, anyone can dream!!!!

The man to value the house came at 12:30 Thurs, should have been here at 10:30... motorway traffic?!!

Tesco man came at 4... I didn't finish unpacking till gone 6, a bag at a time, then rest!!

On Friday I had a long session with Samantha, a social worker and we completed the form for a needs assessment. I think I can manage with my friends here and with my present cleaner but all will change when I go to Old Town. I will then need to pay for more help. I think someone 3 mornings a week for 2hrs each time will be necessary.
At 1:45 Rebecca came and did a pedicure... really lovely and relaxing but in the middle of the session the man arrived to do the energy certificate. He took pics of each light fitting, radiator, window the boiler, the timer,,,,, and heaven only knows what else!!!

I was sooooo tired, went to go to kitchen, and fell. Decided that a rest in bed would be a good idea. I slept for nearly 3 hrs, when Eliza, Andrea and my grand children arrived.

Since then its been a busy, noisy time! Liza and Andrea moved and packed up lots of boxes.. I played with children as best I could but they were a little reticent, seeing the w.chair for the first time... they quickly got used to it however. The iPad was, as ever a big big hit with Caterina and I have lots of pictures to look at by this dear young artist.

This afternoon they left after we had some lovely bacon sandwiches  . They are on their way now, I hope the traffic is light. I'm Blogging and will have a shower and another rest soon.


HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND.

After all this I was shattered

No comments:

Post a Comment