Pages

Saturday 9 June 2012

STARTING TO SORT...

After the exhausting previous two days , I didn't Blog yesterday as Friday was to have been a day of rest!!!
BUT...... Along came the Physio to do my muscle stretches. This really really helps but the pain relief is short lived. I'm getting pain in my muscles not from MND, but because I have no suitable seating to support my lumbar region and my head/neck. For many many days there has been a promise of a Rise and Recline chair which will support properly... but so far no joy! This is causing me considerable stress, I have to move from chair to chair trying to get comfy... and actually there are only 3 chairs I get up from, one of which is my wheelchair.
Elsa popped in and we had a coffee. She had had to go to the Tod medical Centre, her visit.. and was shocked at the lack of numbers in the building. It really is very empty and I gather loosing money hand over foot. My problem with the building at the moment is access. It would take two people to push me up the ramp. Do I think it's 1 in 12 as building regs say? Don't know but it sure is steep.When I have the motorised wheelchair all will be well but until then , It's impossible for me to get in. I have contacted various people and so far, have been accommodated. The CBT consultant, my psychiatrist and the district nurse for a blood sample are all doing home visits. Which is great... but how silly. An outdoor lift , like the one at Burnley Market would solve the problem. OK issues re vandalism , but if it's OK in the centre of Burnley why not here!!!
At 2:30, my new OT ,Bethan came. I think I did most of the talking as I wanted her to know about me aND my circumstances. She did add one idea though that a remote button to turn on lights might be worth thinking about. I must  mention this to Richard. As we were talking about these helpful ideas it did occur to me that the key hole for the door mustn't be too high as I will be accessing it from a wheel chair.
After that a vv short rest and then Tesco Man arrived. By 6 I was having a sit down ready to wait for Chrissie, Andy and Caroline to arrive. They came at 8 ish. We had  pizza and some wine and chatted and planned until 10:30 . VV late for Chrissie who is now 27weeks pregnant, and as every woman knows, who has had a baby, boy is it a tiring job!!
This morning great coffee made by Andy and huge!!! croissants. The off we set for Halifax. Our first stop was at The Pellon Lane Carpet centre. A really nice man on duty, but he didn't seem to know much about his stock. Eventually I chose an Aubergine poly-propaline carpet... but was not very happy as it had the man-made shine on it... When we got back in the car I cried.. it seems I have to give up so much of my life, my standards to accommodate this damn MND. I have always liked and valued wool carpet. Warm, cosy and brilliant colours... But apparently a wheelchair will wear through it very quickly... DAMN!!!
Soi then we went to Argos where I got a Shiatsu massage cushion. Anything to help my back.
Not really happy with the carpet we popped into Classic carpets where I found a polyprop carpet I am really pleased with.. a palish grey but with stain guard... 7 yr guarantee, I guess it will definitely outlive me!!
On to Dickies tiles... an easy job here  white matt large tiles with a border. Chose brilliant border only to find that it would cost about £300!! Chose a glass trim instead... in grey ( again I know) .
That done home we came. Egg Mayo sandwiches.
This afternoon we STARTED TO SORT, Today the stuff under the eves.. and boy what treasures we found... more of those tomorrow................................  Now fun sorting............



HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment