Pages

Sunday 17 March 2013

A SPOON FULL OF SUGAR..........


As you know I have lots of people coming into my house. Up to three different carers per day, friends , my PA Cleaner, family, medical people...............

With so many people all "Helping" me, it often difficult to keep track of what is happening...... BUT  ......It's really important to me, that I keep my life running as I wish it to. NOT as others feel I should. 

This extends in to all sorts of areas,eg  where food is kept, where things are plugged in  , and, (relevant to this post) ,how recycling works in my house.

Now:  People from different areas frequently  have differing recycling criteria. People have differing personal  recycling habits.... and this I do accept.   BUT: I believe in recycling and do want people who come into my house to recycle as I would.
.
The Calderdale system may not be perfect, but its what we have to work with. In some ways the system seems daft... there is a box for plastic.......... but not just any plastic, just milk and pop bottles... Not Yoghurt pots, meat trays  .... just milk bottles and pop bottles........... Now, I further complicate the system, because I have 3 coloured bags in my kitchen, rather than use the tatty boxes and bags that Calderdale provide.

In an effort to make recycling fun and accurate, I've written the fillowing poem. So if you do ever come to my house,where there are three bags for recycling,  please will you support me, by remembering these words.

So, new recycler,
This is what to do,
Follow these instructions,
And you won't get in a stew !

Envelopes , lists and old notes,
Blue bag is where they stay,
No egg boxes or thick card,
They wont take it away!

Now green is for glass,
And empty and clean tin,
But no broken glass or lids,
They, go staight in bin.

Yellow is for plastic,
Milk or pop bottles best, 
No wrappers, trays or yoghurt pots,
Or in the bag they'll rest!

Now if you keep these principles,
You'll be allowed to preen,
And say I did my best,
To keep our world more green!




PS:
This not the first time Ive written a peom to try to help make my point of view know. In 2006 I was having parking problems outside my house in Thorn Place. I wrote the following poem and gave a copy to eveyone in the road... It worked!



3Thorn Place is where I live,
My name is Nikki Rose.
I hope I’m kind and friendly,
As in my Ka ,I comes and goes.

Some of us have no cars.
Some have one or even two,
And parking is a problem-
I’ll explain my point of view.

I, just have the one car.
It’s tiny, small and neat.
To park outside my own house ,
Would make my life complete.

I know I have no legal right,
So to your better nature ,I appeal.
Thought it best to write to  all of you
And tell you how I feel.

I know I come in late sometimes
It’s the voluntary work I do.
It really is quite hard for me
No space, at half past two!

And so to you dear thoughtful friends
I’ve had my little grouse.
Please be kind and courteous
And let me park,            OUTSIDE OF MY OWN HOUSE !!




HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment