Pages

Tuesday 19 March 2013

SHOULD OF

I went to see a Urologist today for advice and information re having a catheter.
(Not that I want one. Not that I feel I am in any way missing out. But a pragmatic resolution to a problem ).

In my discussions, I realised that people were referring to a SUPER Pubic catheter.........

Now , when I do have a catheter, I would like it to be Super.........
However,I did realise, that probably an error of pronunciation was afoot here. What was being referred to as SUPER should probably be Supra ( ie above).
And yes, a quick Google, and I was quite correct.

This lead me on to think about other phrases that people use quite incorrectly

SHOULD OF.......... When people mean Should Have.......

HAT TO............. Meaning Had to

And we wont even go near the use of YOUR, meaning You are !

What concernes me is that, as language is evolving constantly, by custom and practice , this sloppy use of language will become the norm!

BUT What concerned me EVEN MORE, is that when the consultant was referring to said Catheter, he himself called it a SUPER Pubic Catheter !!

What hope is there!!!

P.S.One of my favourite Musicals/ Plays is "My Fair Lady" !!  and my daughter is called Eliza........... Perhaps this all says more about me, than anything else in this ramble.

P.P.S .Forgive me, but it's probably  far better for me to ramble on about use of language than the ins and outs of the catheter !! AND The way I was stuck on the scales and the other general indignities of the morning.

P.P.P.S. Boy,  am I leaving myself open to critism regarding my use of language .... and YES, I do know I use weird punctuation......... but that is for effect, (my excuse)  and as for spellin......the spell check is on strike !!! LOL !!!

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND.

No comments:

Post a Comment