Pages

Monday 25 March 2013

FROM MY "SENT" EMAILS

I don't know why, but some friends don't keep up with my news, and kindly send emails asking how I am............ WHY?? when its all here !!

So I often respond by using copy and paste, from this Blog !!

But tonight, I'm doing the opposite , this is an excerpt from  my email response to a friend who sent mail today, asking how I was..........

"Yes snowed in! No carers for 3 days to get me up and do tea time call .They didn't get through till last night. Thank goodness for the tenacity of my night carer , she walked from her stranded car. So I was safe and didn't have to sleep in chair !!
I’ve had a bad last few days. A disastrous meeting with urologist who basically was a bully. I now have a catheter of the type I didn't want ! This went wrong last night and nurses had to visit. They got stuck twice !! (because they used Sat Nav and didn't go up Keighley Rd as I suggested !!) But the nurse was kind when she arrived at 1:00 am, and helped considerably.
Also, yesterday , I had to be rescued from toilet by neighbours who has fortuitously just given me their phone number the day before!! Also, first thing found I couldn't get off bed without help and this has been my big positive skill in life!!
BUT today whilst transferring from shower chair to w. chair my legs started to go. I said to shower woman, that my legs were going. Oh no she said , I've got you! But none-the-less I ended up on floor and had to call the care team to pick me up. They came in 30 mins, despite having the wrong post code (HOW???? !!!!)..... so several calls later they arrived !
And finally (well you did ask how things were), I went into spare room , somehow knocked the door. It moved and got the headrest of the chair stuck in the handle. I got totally stuck !! Called the number of the only other neighbour that I knew.Asked her to take photo first as this was becoming an hysterical day!!
And its only 5:30 what else can happen?"

And this is the pic !



HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment