Pages

Wednesday 27 March 2013

DAY TIME TV

I wonder how many of us watch day time TV? 
Me, I have fads. By the time I can repeat the format, script verbatim, I realise that it's time to stop watching that particular program.

But I must admit that DOCTORS, BBC1 at 1:45 each day ,does grip me. It's a great format. The underlying story of the Doctors Practice and always another compete story going alongside.

The recent doctors story. for several weeks, has been about a doctors husband who has has a stroke and wished to end his life. He planned to go to Switzerland. His family were very against this decision. Eventually his wife realised that as this was his wish, she would help him by supporting and booking tickets. It the end , however,he did get tablets and ended his life at home.

I wonder how many of us when diagnosed with MND think about Dignitas.?????

I certainly did. 

But having researched it ,I realised that I would have to die sooner than I needed to, ie whilst I still had quality of life, because of the need to be able to swallow the med by yourself.... (even though there is apparently something that lifts the cup.) The thought also that you have to be resident in Switzerland, for four days prior to the end completely freaked me out.

Imagine, "Well what shall we do today", off we go sight seeing !!!

So I wonder how many of us have thought along these lines? 

MND is very had to live with.

 I'm finding that it isn't the issue of being terminally ill, but all the crap that goes alongside.... the catheter, the hoists, the space the hoists will take up ( two arriving tomorrow), the not being able to reach things that people have put away in the wrong place,the worls that helps me on and off the toilet, the people that pull up my knickers,  the fact that I need carers.............. but would like space and time and peace for myself.

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment