Pages

Thursday 7 March 2013

LAST NIGHT I FLEW TO CAIRO

Last Night I Flew to Cairo ......well , in my imagination ! You see ,the hospital bed is so difficult to turn in, so difficult to sit up in ( even with the leg break), that I decided to sleep in the Rise and Recline chair.
And..... when you are seated like that you generally are  on an airplane . I knew I would be in it (Chair) for 7 hrs, and I recall Egypt is about that distance away...well.. ish...   AND..... as Cairo is my favourite city it seemed the obvious place to go.
Unfortunately, I didn't have time to walk round the Pyramids or to go to the Museum .. as at 5:15,  ( after 2 X2 hr sleep slots),  I woke with a serving of tea from my flight attendant... no sorry, carer!
 By 5:30 the inevitable trip to the bathroom was necessary. I decided I would try the proper bed for a few hours , until Marianne , the breakfast carer arrived.
I got onto the bed and with help was positioned in, in  an upright position. But then the panic came as I couldnt breathe, and couldn't move sufficiently to give my chest the expansion it need to access the air.
The carer calmed me and quickly helped me into my wheelchair.
 It was by then  5:50.. and there I have been since .. You see it's so difficult to get on the Rise and Recline chair without support...  and getting into the chair was never a priority when people came... bathroom always was , as getting off the loo is somtimes impossible.... hope when Im better I will once again self manage...

Anyway , today's visits :
Marianne came, and made breakfast.
Man came to write care plan .
Laura was supposed to come but got caught up on business ( and silly me, I missed her txt).
Julia popped in and so did Ginny... I had a coughing fit so they had a chat..
Tea time carer came, leaned on the fridge door, and now it barely closes.

With so many people coming into the kitchen I am going to have to put advice notices up as the potential damage through   lack of sensitivity as to how things may or may not work (Ie people expect things to work as they think.....and don't make the allowance ,that things may not conform !!!).. The kitchen will end up like a Youth Hostel Kitchen... This all sounds trivial, but it is driving mad having to over-see so many people and there apparent lack of attention. They do mean well, but their priorities are not necessarily mine. Anyway,,,,,,, I did have some calories in the form of cool soup with coldish tomatoes on toast !

Karen was to have visited, but there was an accident in Tod and the roads were closed, hence the carer cooking... Im sure she will visit soon.

And very soon carer for the night .. another new person will arrive.

Its stressful having these numbers of different carers through the door.. and I appreciate that this plan has been put together quickly.... and when I think about it the stress of settling in so many people is less than the stress of not having them.

HUG ME , I'VE GOT MND 


1 comment:

  1. My mom ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) symptoms started out with a "foot drop" on her left foot. From there her left leg lost all muscle tone and all the entire left leg muscles was almost gone. Also her fingers and thumbs "contract" at times. Left arm is losing muscle tone too,she have been suffering from amyotrophic laterals sclerosis (ALS) disease for the last seven years and had constant pain which really get us worried, especially in her knees, the only treatment for this ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) is natural organic treatments honestly ,totalcureherbsfoundation .c om has the perfect herbal remedy to all the Motor Neuron Disease including ALS.

    ReplyDelete