Pages

Thursday 26 July 2012

A VERY EXPENSIVE HOUR!!

Between 1:00 and 2:00 I had two big expenses..




Firstly the car. It appears that had I had all the adaptations done prior to accepting the car, I would have had help and discounted rates for the adaptations. I wasn't told this. As it is now I have to pay the total. I found out the prices £1063 for the lock down, £1880 for the wheel insert accelerator... 
I emailed David who has been brokering this for me... he has suggested getting a second wheelchair which will more easily go into the van using a simple lock down. This could be a less expensive option, especially if I could find a second hand one... but how on earth do I explain to the NHS that the special chair that they have provided me with is not of any use in the car, and I'm now using my own... However I will use the special chair indoors.. its special because it tilts and thus takes pressure off my back, so it is necessary.
Watch this space.


Whilst all these conversations were going on, Bosch man arrived. His visit £89 . He found that the compressor has gone in Fridge Freezer. New compressor  £463!  But not advised , a new fridge freezer advised. 


So this afternoon I viewed endless f f's on line, but as it is part of a fitted kitchen then I need a person to check measurements and fit the FF... I might have sorted this, might! But even so this will be a min of £325 incl fitting plus the £89 already paid.!!


Why cant anything be simple!!


Once again, if I wasn't so exhausted by all this, I would weep... too tired to weep!!!


HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND


No comments:

Post a Comment