Pages

Friday 6 July 2012

TIME PASSES....

Today I wept.
Yesterday I rang re wheelchair possible arrival date....the lady said she would seek info and let me know. Well she didn't! So at non today I rang again... Apparently chair is now at Clarksons where they go to prior to getting to Halifax. I cried with jot/ relief of stress.."
You see having the chair in the drivers seat of my car means I can get out and about. Ok, whilst I'm still in this house it still means a kind neighbour,usually Steven, has to take car from front to back to allow me to get in, (remember I can only go down steps not up!), and with the wheel chair in place he too will have to drive from chair..... But no matter all this is possible, I'm sure.
But in order to actually get the chair you have to have an official handover. I have already done the assessment, (mid May), and I have an indoor chair, so know about charing it up etc... What can be so different?
Sooooo the person who books the handover works afternoons. So at 2:00 I rang. Yes, we've sorted it..your appointment is July 25 ! July 25 th! I can't believe it. I wept. I rang Michaela, who rang wheelchairs, no joy. And I'm on the priority list!!
Once I get the chair there will be nearly another week before the lockdown in the car can be fitted.... I cried again!

My life is passing. Things like this just erode the quality time I have.

I have been doing my very best on all fronts to manage the move, the bungalow adaptations, the car, the wheelchair.. It doesn't seem quite fair.
If I had a partner things would be simpler, just getting a meal exhausting. So sometimes I get a meal then I'm too tired to eat much of it. You know life can be tough.
The other thing I'm waiting on is the care assessment. I do need careers, I don't like to keep asking friends to take me/push me, here there everywhere.. It's not a matter of pride, it's about respecting the lives of dear friends. I'm not their universe!

So here I am feeling sorry for myself. Forgive me. There are others worse off. At least I do have food, shelter and plenty of wine to keep me going till eventually all this is in place.
m

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment