Pages

Friday 13 July 2012

BRAVE MEGGIE

My dear cat, Meggie ,has been fine with the stair lift from the word go. I did wonder how she might react to the wheelchair though. Well she has until today always turned tail and run. I have found this stressful as she really needs to get used to the way her mum now moves around. BUT, Today  RESULT.... Meg sat on my lap, I was in wheelchair, and I tentatively move it, a few yards at a time. She sat on my lap from the dinning room to the kitchen! YEA!!! Result! But then when she moved from my lap she ran away... so more confidence building needed... But we have lots of time to do it. 
Well done Brave Meggie, you are a superstar!!


As for the rest of the day.. well the bags ordered from the supplier arrived promptly I've had an order for 4 but the rest of my stock is in store.. so pleased I can complete the order. 


Tesco man came on time. We may have lots to say against Tesco , but they are a lifeline for me and all the guys who bring in the goods are kind and put stuff exactly where I wish it to be.


Watched "24hrs in A&E", last night. A lady who had cancer was close to death. Her family surrounded her. The lady said," I'm going". Her children said ," No, you're not going anywhere". I found this hard to listen too. I realise the family were actually saying , We don't want you to go.  BUT for the person near death might it be kinder for the family to give in and simply say something like, "Yes, it may be soon, but we're here, and we love you. We don't want to say goodbye, but realise its inevitable. We love you we give you our love and  hugs always. "


I've been referred to the hospice, Overgate, in Elland. I'm number five on the list. What they do, initially,  is to see you, to understand your needs. For me .this will be day-care. I will beable to go there, have a meal, a bath, massage and more importatly talk about preparing for my death and for my wishes surrounding this. This will include how I wish to die, what interventinions I wish , or don't wish.. 
I think the hospice is the place to die ,as ,as far as I understand, family and friends are well supported. As my girls have partners, but a dad who doesn't communicate with me, I feel I must make provision for them all to be supported... like having another parent. At least I hope that's how it will be for them. Who knows... I hope this will all be a long time hence, but I will be happy if I. and they , are prepared.


HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment