Pages

Sunday 29 July 2012

HELPFUL DAUGHTERS

My eldest daughter Eliza came to help this weekend .we got loads of clearing done, just some art equipment left in the attic.
Liza brought down boxes and we went through them.
We were so happy when we found really special things that we knew we wanted to keep.
For Chrissie we found her"Ellie's".chrissie had a pink Ellie which she loved so much, and which got so mucky, I had to make her a new Ellie.

My thoughts were that they would each take it in turns to be loved. Oh no! She then had two, one under each arm! Chrissie also has a numnie... A dummy to the rest of the world! I always got orange ones from Boots...thinking that we wouldn't try to hide the fact she had a numnie!
In one of the treasure boxes a numnie was found, but now it has been thrown away...the rubber had completely perished! Ahhh, end of the numnies, but Ellies still live on.

For Eliza we found many things as she is like me ,and loves treasures...BUT-we did find a special tape. It's of dad playing the organ, then Chrissie reciting nursery rhymes and finally Eliza talking about what she had for Christmas.

What treasures.There were loads of press cuttings of dads performances and photos and even his BBC 1934 diary , with recording times indicated.

Chrissie and Andy were up the weekend before and some boxes were cleared then too.
Sadly, we didn't have time to read everything, so I suggested to Liza that when I'm more disabled, we'll get down a box and go through it all properly. That will be such a great thing to do when I'm less able to get out and about.

One sadness. My thoughts went towards my own mum as my girls were helping me.

I can remember that when I visited, mum used to ask me to tidy up her eyebrows. Now every woman knows how irritating it can be if you want to have tidy brows and have to wait. I now have mine done every 3-5 weeks. But know beauty salons exist to help.
Years ago in the Forest of Dean ,there were no such places. You had your weekly wash and set, loads of lacquer and at was it.
SO I can remember mum asking me to help with this simple task... And very rarely did I fit it in... I can remember saying, I'll do it next time...that would be 2-3months hence. (we lived a long way away).
But how unwittingly cruel I was. I feel so sorry for that now. If only we could go back...

So I am doubly grateful to my daughters and to all the other people who help me. I couln't really manage without you.

The fact that I do have so much help allows me to fight this terrible disease. I want to be with you all for as long as possible.


HUG ME,I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment