Pages

Wednesday 25 July 2012

EXCITING TIMES! WITH INEVITABLE CHALLENGES.

The major challenge this week has been to have milk that's not"off",and to keep my meds cool... The fridge freezer is defiantly caput!

Bosch man will come on Thursday. If its fixed, the Tesco man will come to restock fridge, have had to dump everything! Ho hum!!

Today I was measured for rise and recline chair. It has 6 buttons, thus multiple options. Eventually I can get comfy!

But whem i find it's time to choose fabric. I discover that as the cushion in the seat has to be special , to avoid pressure sores , it will be black or navy.. Well hope it's black as I have chosen a grey fabric..

Aesthetics don't seem to enter into some of these things.And I don't understand.


Don't fret, I'm grateful for the chair that will support me.. But why the hell can't it be in a decent fabric... Rats!!

This evening I have been out to a Samaritan meal, celebrating 25 yrs of SAMs in Halifax.it was lovely to see so many friends, but i was surprised by the response of some. It seemed some people stayed away, perhaps they can't deal with my illness. But I deal with it, so they shouldn't worry about chatting to me.


When I have my proper w.chair this won't be a problem. As it is , I'm put in a place and am not able to circulate, as I said , when I can circulate then any tension will be released.

So, tomorrow is a RED. letter day. The day I've been waiting for for over 2 months.. I get the outdoor/ indoor wheelchair! Yey!

I am to go to wheelchair services at 2:30 to do another road test...which I will pass. Then the chair will be loaded in green van, and I'll take it to Brooke's Miller at Elland. There they will do the measurements for lock down.

Now there comes a problem: i have been told I don't leave car, but I can't see how the work will be done if I don't.... So if I do have to leave it, then I beg a lift off a n other at the garage or I pay for a taxi! What the hell!

Then on Friday I go to Elland to get car with w.chair fitted. Ill then be using the w.chair as the driving seat.

Liza arrives at about 6. We are supposed to start packing , but I so want to enjoy the freedom of being mobile, that may come first!!

There are probs re charging chair and getting from back to front to get in house... But these are not impossible hurdles..when I've sorted it all out I'll write about it....


But for now it's bedtime. I'm shattered but so excited about the step nearer to some freedom that I will take tomorrow

...having looked at the last sentence perhaps the word step was not the best one to use (well if your legs don't work you don't take many steps!!). But you all know what I mean.


HUG ME,I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment