Pages

Friday 7 December 2012

AMAZING !

Here at last is the music I had transferred from a 78 to CD.
The 78 was recorded by my dad, Cecil Woodman, in 1948. Dad plays the piano and sings with his combo partner Bert White. They were known as White and Woodman.Both from The Royal Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire.

From the date on the record, April 1948 , I have worked out that this was about when I was concieved... How amazing to hear this so many years after my dads death. I was so moved and excited to get the CD copy.

The way Blogger works is that you can't just seem to upload music files ( well I couldn't anyway), so I had to make a video and upload to You Tube.

Sadly until one of my daughters visit I cant find an appropriate picture of Dad.. so just listen and remember the picture was taken 10yrs after the recording !

Enjoy !





HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

2 comments:

  1. Amazing for you to hear your dads' voice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikki
    This is wonderful.
    We are related and we have met - I am George Hunt's grandson.
    There is a photograph of your Dad with the Syncopaters.
    Kind regards, Eddie

    ReplyDelete