Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2012

CHRISTMAS AT OVERGATE DAY CARE

Tuesday, and my day for Day Care at Overgate Hospice. What a busy day!!!
It started with a coffee. Chat to my mate Jackie and then on to making truffles. Then a head massage... yey!!! . The complimentary care is soooo good.  
Time for a bit of nicotine ( discreetly), Then a sherry , A  brill Christmas dinner, ( lovely veg, turkey and a gravy made especially for me, as I cant have yeast extract. How kind of the cooks to think of that !)
 During dessert I finished a glass of wine and Father Christmas arrive!!. Clearly we all had the same present... so no-one opened.. we will thus all get a surprise on Dec25th!  

I then had more coffee and a chat with the social worker re my assessment for care package. 
A chat with a nurse re how I was doing...and the understanding that I could contact , anytime.

1:30.....Time for the carol service. Not a long service, but very pleasant/uplifting. I read a lesson.. well I thunk. But was sad to find that I couldn't sing. My voice was not working after a line of a carol... this made me  sad... a new problem revealing itself... but at least I could read well. 

At 2:00, I went to all my friends and wished them a happy time. . Unable to hug them, as I can't get up,  I held hands..

........... but one dear lady managed to stand and hug me. I felt her meagre body beneath the smart dress, her oxygen pulled as she stood. How gracious, how loving was thus gesture. 

I was touched by the whole day.

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment