Pages

Sunday 2 December 2012

TOILET.. AGAIN.. SORRY , I KNOW !!!!

The start of this latest saga started on Thursday evening, but has been too upsetting to write about until now.

On Thursday last, I was very tired , but my friend E arrived to take me to HB to see the Valley Of Lights... ( I actually saw many HB bottoms !!!!!!! and got v v cold... , but that apart it was amazing for the three valley towns: Mytholmroyd, Hebden Bridge and Tod... YEY!!!) .

So E arrived and I went to the loo whilst she got the transfer chair ready. Then ... I found I simply couldn't get off!

I have been having trouble for a few weeks, but have managed to get off by rocking back and forth, and managing.. ( sorry, no video available!!!). So E helped me off. We then put on the seat that raises it by 3". The only two problems are that it means the bidet function no longer works and as it doesn't fit fully.. ie it is so unstable it is dangerous...

So I coped Thurs night.

On Friday I rang Total Hygiene and asked for 2" plinth to be fitted.. making a total (max) height of 4" raise.....

Fortuitously, the MNDA rang me to ask re the car. they have been acting as advocates for me re car. It was good that I could report that all was now well and that my confidence had returned. I then said that I had toilet height problems and my solution was to get the extra plinth  (at a cost of £295)...

WHOA!!!!! was the response.. this is a solution for only a while. The proper solution is to have a seat raiser.. After discussion the MNDA decided that, as I was a special case (ie living alone), they would give some financial support towards special seat... but couldn't say how much.

I rang my OT and said I needed to talk urgently. I had by now found out that the seat would cost£3300... yes that is correct.

My OT organised a temporary help solution, Minor Works will pay for the 2" plinth (£295)............

AND the dept would consider paying for seat raiser... BUT I was warned that the cttes move exceedingly slow   viz the Rise and Recline Chair... probably will be 7months before it is delivered !!!

So Here I am... Unsafe sitting on the loo.. hopefully it will be made safe in the next week??? and then a bill of £3300.. because my need will be before the cttee decides if it can authorise...

I could have a hoist !!! But another person is needed to operate!!

I could pay for someone to operate it. BUT !!! Who does go to the loo according to a timetable !!!

So the music tonight is a choice based on it's title...

Katy Clarkson...



HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

1 comment:

  1. Love this song and you certainly have to be strong having read the blog xx

    ReplyDelete