Pages

Wednesday 26 December 2012

"MULLED" GAMMON !

So it's Boxing day and, when I just viewed stats I note I have now had 17,070 hits !!!... and my first year of Blogging is not yet over! Yey!!!

I do hope that some of you are finding this funny/ interesting/ as a way of seeing what I'm up to and perhaps, even helpful ,if you too have MND.

Only one moan, I'll get it over with.
Did a sharp turn in wheelchair and caught hand in door... my thumb really hurts... NO I mean REALLY hurts !!!   Ibuprofen  and lots of sympathy please !!!

I've got the former . So its just the latter!!!!

My son in law, who cooked all day yesterday, is resting ,so I'm in the kitchen! Chrissie is being my sous chef... getting the right bits out of difficult cupboards , finding bits etc. and joggling baby Oliver !

Today its Gammon. I had planned to cook it in apple juice , on top of the hob. But the induction hob is having a few moments... it simply beeps and won't turn on... maybe the wrong sort of pan?? Or maybe it too, needs a rest!!

So Gammon in oven poaching... but meat thermometer doesn't seem to be reacting... do they work in steam????

Next issue.. couldnt find cloves... so I've added a sachet of mulled wine spice!!!   In a few minutes I plan to get it (Meat), out,  cover in mustard and treacle, then bake to give a crust.
But its not English mustard, couldn't find that, and it is sugar, not molasses! Ho Hum !!!!

Watch this space, we could be eating cheese and crackers tonight !!!

Well life with MND is full of adaptation,  but I didn't ever think it would prepare me for cooking in mulled wine spice!!!

BUT , I do have a secret supply of wine spice, so those cheese and bics will be much enhanced!!!

Especially for us select few with MND, Do enjoy your boxing day, and lets keep  adapting our lives to make the very best of each moment.

HUG ME , I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment