Pages

Sunday 9 December 2012

I'VE BEEN THINKING...


Christmas approaches. There is so much hustle, bustle, potential excitement, cost, planning........

Is it worth it?
For some maybe. Maybe it truly does make them happy. For many they will be left disappointed as the expectation of a wondrous time simply isn't delivered.

As someone who is terminally ill, I find I spend a lot of time thinking. Thinking what would I do if I could? Where would I live? Who would I like to see? What gifts would I like for Christmas? What would be a real treat? etc etc.

My mind wandered back to the Macbeth quote :



Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing. — Macbeth (Act 5, Scene 5,







Does life signify nothing? It it all simply a waste? Do we make too much fuss? Are we too self centred?




NO. I don't believe life has to be like this this. I am sure we can all make a mark. Leave the world a little better for our having been on it. We could do ths through voluntary work , through simple ways like not ever dropping litter! etc But I believe the major way to leave a mark, is through kindness and love.




I have sometimes thought... "Oh I would like to go to (wherever), poor me I cant get there....""




But then I think again in the quite calm moments.........




Actually I'm happy. I'm warm , I have food, I have friends and family who are so, so kind , caring and loving.




I know Im at my happiest when things are simple.




So yes Im OK. It doesn't mean I would accept an all expenses paid trip to the Bahamas.!!! LOL !!.. but I realise that I don't yearn to do this any more. What will be will be and I am content to live a simple life.




Simplicity is refreshing , it takes away angst, angst that I can feel/see in many people.







HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on your comments! Hope you are feeling better x and hugs

    ReplyDelete