Pages

Friday 28 December 2012

AND NOW, BACK TO NORMAL!!!

Chrissie , Andy and Oli left at 11:30 today. We had a good time... my only negative, ( and they do know this), was that the TV was on constantly and at a sound level where I could barely hear! (Age ???).  So next visit , pls no cartoons and we watch when I too ,can hear!!!  AND Andy no more threats of leaving tv on The Simpsons ,on mute and hiding the remote... do you want to kill me off???!!!!  You know I'm amazing ,and your son loves chatting to me... so no more threats!!!!! LOL !!!

That aside, we had lovely time with lots of pressies, and lots of visitors. Some of Chrissies school mates called in with their children..... how lovely was that? Jane popped in with Gin and flowers, YEY!!. My carer /pa/cleaner (Laura), came on Christmas eve with two other brill mates and  daughter , to bring me a stocking . WOW what fun !! and so much contact via txt, facebook, twitter and phone. I  sent cards to the four neighbours, with whom I have I spoken a few words, and have been thrilled to get lovely messages back from them all. People are amazing !

Today I went to the dentists as they have bought a ramp... I couldnt get in on my last visit without the help of passing strangers...........  I tried out ramp.. it works. Nick, the dentist was horrified that I had such trouble entering and will do all he can to make things easy. I did ask if he had other patients in w. chairs. He has but they are transfer chairs.......... I did admit that I could be brought in a transfer chair but absolutely didn't want to, as I want to retain my independence for as long as possible. Bless him, he completely understood and accepted this. I think he recognised that this was/ is important to me and might well be important to many others. He is doing his very best to make the premises accessible... in some part thanks to me.

As I got back from Tod, the phone rang. It was the woman who co-ordinates the health environment... she had had my email forwarded to her from Craig Whittaker MP re my issues re tardy response to need , well my needs, with MND........ watch this space !

Liz rang and asked if she and her dad could pop round... YES  was the answer. Liz is a great friend but her dad is such a real gent and as he lives in London I rarely see him.
In advance of their arrival, I put on the fire and went to put on the wall lights. POP!! Lights fused. Keys and torch in hand, I went to go to circuit breaker in garage( first time )......... on my way I noticed that green van back exit door not quite closed. Three goes... up and down, up and down, up and down ...... still not closed.

OK one task at a time.  Circuit breaker... sorted ! YEY!!!
Back to (B) car...... up down , up down........ no, a definite fault.

Liz and Ralph arrived. Decided glass of wine, then RAC......

Called RAC at 6:30... they arrived at 6:55........ fault fixed. Some WD40 as the door was jamming fixed it. AHHHHHHHH ! I said, sorry. I should have done that myself..... NO said kind RAC man. You need a track record of the faults on this car. Do ring us for any fault.
Well that salves my conscience ! And , yes , I will ring again.
RAC are brill, the (B) car isn't !!! Fourth visit from RAC.

So as you see, things are back to normal. I'm here Blogging, wind is howling and there is red wine and also a pack of cigarettes to my left!!


HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment