Pages

Tuesday 6 November 2012

DREADFUL COLD

As a teacher I had almost a permanent cold for the first few years of work. After that... Nothing...never!

So it has been a real shock to have a real streaming cold. My nose literally drips at night. I haven't slept through for two nights... Well actually I've woken every hour! Unusual and very very exhausting! I look like Rudolf !

So , when I woke this morn at 7:45  ready to get ready for hospice day , I thought not only do I feel rough, but actually , the people at the day centre are very fragile.... More so than me... So I rang Calderdale transport to cancel my visit. They kindly contacted Overgate..

But I do feel guilty as out of 5 weeks I have only attended two... And they are giving me practical help with a social worker,  re care help, and with talking about end of life decisions....

 No decisions yet made though... But it's an area I need to explore.

Free day. Everyone thinking I was not at home wouldn't contact me.... So I painted...

 Then after making veg soup for lunch, I went for a lay down. Woke 3 hrs later.. Felt much better .

Have painted this evening also.

I'm working on a portrait of dearest Meggie. In many ways I wish I had never started this , as its difficult to make fine lines, and after working on it I feel I have produced a painting of a cat, but I don't feel it's Meggie.

 I include the canvas as it is on my easel right now...... But I expect it will be changed... Especially the background... Not at all pleased with it yet.




HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

1 comment: