Pages

Monday 5 November 2012

DRIVE TO HALIFAX..... TICK !

Yes the title says it all!   I drove to Halifax, all by myself and parked (with only a little difficulty ) , at the Hospital.

Val and I had a simple lunch at the canteen and a very good natter!!

We then went to Neurology. I needed the loo.. ( sorry, but toilets become an obsession when you are in a wheelchair!!)... I felt the seat may not be high enough and that I would need help to get off. I asked a nurse. She said that they would not be able to help... I then asked what would happen if I pulled the orange cord... Apparently they would find a hoist...!
Well what did happen was my friend Val helped lift me... a big thankyou Val.

Dr Mahmood was in his usual friendly, fine, form. We talked about my curled-under toes ( which impede getting off a toilet) and Botox was suggested.... but on checking, apparently not only the muscles of my toes would relax but other muscles.... not a good idea... so curled under toes I have still.( and RATS that makes my eye lines impossible to remove either!!! ).
 Podiatry may have an answer, I'll contact them.
The result of the 24 hr heart monitor a few erratic rhythms were seen, so I'm off to a cariologist too.
My hands are weaker.. But I knew that.




As I left Halifax I noticed the blinding sun and the red/orange sky.

This sunset was so beautiful I decided to drive up to Oxenhope Moor to look at the view and contemplate things. I parked on the edge, (the very edge)  of the bus turning circle... well out of the way, ........ I thought. But the two bus drivers who turned ( easily), didn't appreciate my presence.

To them I say, just walk in my shoes for a day, see if you would then begrudge me taking in a wonderful view !  But I guess they didn't realise my situation... but actually, even as a normal non MND person, I wasn't in the way... a little courtesy does no harm... in fact, good manners make the world a better place.






No comments:

Post a Comment