Pages

Saturday 24 November 2012

NORMALITY .... ?

I really struggle with "Normality".

Part simply just craves normality. I don't have a "wish list", even though I know many terminally ill people do. ............... AND I sometimes feel as if I should have a wish-list............ BUT I simply can't seem to go there.

What I want, what I crave, is to be normal...... But I have to accept that my normal isn't now, what my normal used to be..

I used to be so very active, as a headteacher, a mum,a partner/lover,  a person who did voluntary work, a person who loved to go out, even at the end of a tiring week...........

But now : my normal is going out occasionally, (because I am generally so weak and exhausted), having friends visit, and asking them to put on my bed-side light , filling the kettle,......because these are difficult...(I have to balance)...... my normal is thinking, what care do I need ? and what can I afford...  (not enough!)

My normal is living with MND and knowing I'm getting weaker day by day, my normal is fighting this shit disease and trying to be normal.


And , for tonight, a Saturday night, my normal is XFactor, Pizza and red wine..... So that's normal, normal!!! YEY !!!!

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

1 comment: