Pages

Friday 2 November 2012

TIME HAS PASSED... ! IE .SINCE LAST BLOG.. SORRY

Hi, dear readers

.. have had a busy week since I last Blogged.. sorry if you were waiting for the next thrilling instalment of my life with MND !  But now, here it is.... YEY!!!

Last week-end was so miserable re weather.. and I was heartened that so many friends bothered to contact me, either offering to visit, or simply for a chat as the days were sooo dire.

CAR: 1.I went for a drive with Laura, to get Liver function blood-test done.    2. I drove to the dump to get rid of cardboard.          3.I drove to Tod and met Tom who filled fuel tank... Achievement!!

On Sunday Liza arrived , with my grandchildren, Caterina and Matteo... YEY!! BIG YEY!!!!

Monday, we took a Taxi to Hebden Bridge. Liza could see for herself how difficult this operation was. Getting back into Taxi (Valley Taxi) a prob occurred with kerb, and I said , Do take care. The lovely driver said, You are my mother... what a great kind comment.

We had fish and chips at AJ's . (they will cook in oil). I knew there was a ramp at entrance, but didn't account for the block of wood on door entry. I got in but it did freak me out!
Back home, Matteo had a sleep, and us girls made a Jack-O-Lantern.  Caterina and I devised a song.. " You cant cut a pumpkin in a wheel chair on your knee... "...........................  Sorry no melody here but a great song !!!!!!

Tuesday, Liza took chn to play-park... It poured, 3 mins after they left the house. !!  Then Liza and I spent 5 hrs baking sponge cakes to make the cake for Franks birthday... 8 made but 7 survived.. My hands got weak and smashed one!!!

Liza and chn left on Wed.

So pleased Laura  was coming in to clean..

I was so sad, but it was a great visit.

So these were a few of my favourite things .................

****************************

But then , on Thursday... no planned visitors.. only nails to be done in Tod late afternoon.....

so emptiness struck me.... as I woke up.............

The silence of my house, the silence of my life. The sheer emptiness of my life without dear Meggie.

I have wonderful friends, wonderful support... but actually , I really do feel as if I am existing, not living......... I should shake myself as my friends could not do more for me.........

 I simply cant tell you how much I miss the living presence of my beloved Meggie.
The silence in this house each morning without her, is deafening.



HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND


No comments:

Post a Comment