Pages

Tuesday 13 November 2012

FRIENDS WILL BE FRIENDS

So, yesterday, Monday... I was in tears.. no-where could I get comfy.

I had arranged for Barry to ride shotgun, and go to Hx with me to choose carpet and also to go to M&S for ready meals.

BUT when he arrived I was in tears as my w.chair was so uncomfortable...... Barry went home (we had decided that the trip was rather less important than getting comfy),   ie to get the right tools to adjust  chair.

W.chair services had done cushions and chair adjustments,  but you have to sit in chair for some while to see if all is OK.

I had had a miserable weekend re chair. I had to rub Ibuprofen cream into neck and take paracetamol to help with pain and strain. I was so upset, why can't I just have a seat that makes me comfortable.... surely so little to ask!!!

Anyway, Barry stayed and adjusted chair. When He left he said he could pop back at any time to re adjust... a real friend.

Barry also went to get prescription... I run out of Riluzole ( the one that extends my MND life by 5 to 7 mths) on Thurs... but though prescription  was supposed to have been written last Friday it wasn't.
He rang surgery this morn but they wouldn't say if there was a prescription ready, as he didn't know my dob!!!
I had further conversations and eventually prescription was promised to be  ready.... As I was at Hospice, Barry said he would collect.... BUT, yes, pharmacy didn't have all the drugs in stock, ( why am I not surprised) ......... so he will (kindly),  collect tomorrow.......

At the hospice I joined in the Blue Peter style art (!)... making a door wreath......... but I didn't choose typical red and green.. I got purple and pink.... will look good in my lounge!!!

I then had a session with the alternative therapist. YEY!!! I will get reflexology or a shoulder massage each week... YEY !!! sooooooooooooo welcome. I also will see Physio to do stretches.... another YEY!!!!

I came home and another friend, and her partner,  asked if they could pop up. YEY!!!! We had to drink black coffee till Tesco Man came !!!!... but then had a lovely GnT. YEY!!!
One of my friends massaged my feet and made sure I had warm socks on. WONDERFUL..... YEY!!!!

I am so lucky/ indeed blessed , to have such kind people around me.

MND seems to bring out he very best in so many people, I never knew that I was so loved, and I am so grateful, so amazed , at finding this out....... if I hadn't got this disease I would never have known.............. a definitive positive for MND ! (Can't believe I would ever say that, but it is so true!!!).






HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment