Pages

Sunday 29 April 2012

DEAR BLOG READERS

I feel you all may be interested in my trip to London last Thursday when I visited the National Portrait Gallery to see the Lucien Freud Exhibition. There is so much to say as it was my first occasion when I spent the day in a wheel chair... and actually, this needs to be written about in more time than I have now.... but tomorrow I will reflect on my Blog all my thoughts on this and the effect on me as a person with MND.
However:
I have my eldest daughter Eliza, Andrea my son in law, and my Grandchildren staying with me... so you will understand, that this time is so so precious, that I mustn't spend ages at the computer....
Last evening they arrived after a long, long journey ( Friday night traffic north). The little ones were excited and we all went to bed at almost the same time. We shared  a take away curry.. the guy who delivered it was excited by my paintings, so came in to have look around... how lovely was that?.
A good nights sleep for me. But my granddaughter, Caterina, woke very early as she is used to a blackened-out room. Sleeping under the stars and then sunrise in my attic, meant she was confused and thought it was morning rather too early! So Liza started her day very early... oh the troubles of being a parent of a little one!! Still ,I guess many of us have all been there........
We visited the bungalow, ( joined by my  friend Maria),and I feel that it has their seal of approval. (So pleased about this).
Lunch at the Olive Branch, in Hebden Bridge. The service was slow, and sadly no ice-cream for dessert... and what else do children like??... ( and me!!).  So home for ice cream! YEY!!!
Andrea has helped me with issues surrounding the sorting of the problems of getting the adaptations sorted and has helped me to realise that  I need to get certain things clarified. Each part of the accessible homes team seem to be passing on issues to other parts of the team.. and nothing is coming together.. and it must!!! because there are issues  potentially/ actually steaming along for me as a person with MND. For example, I have had to have chairs swapped over today as I really couldn't get out of my normal seat...Basic and very sad!!!
This afternoon Tom and Iris arrived with toys, and the girls played together    .Lovely........... Caterina and Matteo also enjoyed seeing the rabbit and guinea pigs , and feeding them.
Then bath time. Lovely for grandma to be part of......
Dinner of pasta with sauce, made by Liza, washed up by Liza and Andrea .. and painting of the edges to tidy up the pictures I will be exhibiting from next Thursday.
A lovely day...............A happy mum , mum in law, and grandma .

HUG ME ,I'VE GOT MND

2 comments:

  1. A really happy blog today so am really pleased for you and yours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family weekends are the best - especially when it's too wet to go out and you forced to eat, drink and play games all day. Glad the bungalow plan is looking promising. Good luck with the show on Thursday - it will be a triumph!

    ReplyDelete