Pages

Monday 23 April 2012

TRAINS

1st Train story:   I met a friend today. He visits every so often, and his attitude to MND is that it shouldn't even happen to criminals!! We always have a chat and I generally ask about his love-life, which never seems to get off the ground. He kept me interested today with two stories of recent blind dates. The first is sad, the second funny.   A week or two ago he had a date but had to travel by train. Sadly a young man chose to end his life by jumping into the path of the train. The train then became a crime scene .After 3 hrs the passengers were allowed off.( The poor train driver had had three such events in the last four weeks!) Imagine the difficulty of the man who ended his life and the on-going trauma of the driver.  OH, and my friend arrived for his date only to find she was plastered ! , having waited for 3 hrs!!! End of romance!!

2nd Train story.    The next blind date for my friend was to a dating event... unfortunately he had mis-read the info.... it was for over 50's!  So he arrived and was greeted by eight women and three men... all 60yrs old plus... (He is 30!!!)  So he made a quiet retreat, had a cigarette outside, whilst waiting for a taxi and was joined by two women who were very very chatty! He then said : I'm sorry I made a mistake, I didn't realise this was for  old women! ..... WOW!! The poor women faded into the background, most disgruntled, and my friends taxi arrived just in time to rescue him. Not the end of the story.. he rushed back, so pleased to get on a train... BUT  there was a 14 man fight,. he didn't get involved, but the police did! Yet again he was left sitting on a train which was a crime scene!

3rd Train story.... and to do with me. You can't get on the train from Tod if you want to go via Leeds, if you are disabled.... there are steps, lots of them. So the train line provide a taxi to the next available station where you are able to get on. (I think I may have told you this in relation to my trip to London on Thursday) SO... I rang up this morning to arrange the taxi, only to find that the systems are being changed as we speak! So now must ring tomorrow!!
(Why, oh why, isn't life simple!!!!)

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment