Pages

Monday 9 April 2012

IT STRUCK ME!

I had a great day planned yesterday... Some painting, a shower, afternoon tea with the Palmers, then an evening meal (curry) with the Coopers.


The morning went well. I showered and changed into fresh clean clothes... I even put on some make-up and used a contact lens instead of my glasses.... haven't done this for ages... glasses are easier, but not as attractive, especially if you have bothered to put on make-up.
I had the statutory rest for 15mins after a shower in order to do a next task. Well not a task but a pleasure, going next door. Tom asked if I needed help to get down their path, as I had done it only recently, I knew I would cope... also I want to be independent...  But half way down their path, I panicked and had to shout for Tom.. HELP.. I couldn't move, my legs were simply not able to move me.. I was terrified of falling as I knew my legs were so weak... Tom came to my rescue.  
 We had a wonderful tea-party with a beautiful cake. It was decorated with millions of pretty flowers, in all sorts of pastel colours.. and in the middle a duckling, made by Iris. AND  It tasted wonderful. 
After the tea party I went home, with help and used my loo. (I can't get up to the bathrooms of my neighbours), had a short rest and then called the Coopers to ask for help to get to their home ( 3 doors away). Dear Chris Cooper, (actually a physiotherapist), came to help me. All was well till we got to the front door. I simply couldn't get in. It took Chris, with a supporting hand on my back, and me clasping the door edges some minutes to get in. After each step I was sweating! There were only two steps!
I had managed these steps only a few short weeks ago. The meal and company were lovely, but by 8:30, I needed rest, the loo, and quiet... in that order... so Chris took me home.


It was then, as I sat in my comfy chair, that I realised.. I'VE GOT MND..... and nothing that I do or think, no matter how brave I am trying to be... no matter how positive..... in the end I have MND... and it is cruel.. it marches on with inexorable speed and there is sod all you can do to stop it!!


HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment