Pages

Tuesday 3 April 2012

LIFE IS A MINESTRONE

So last week we had brilliant, hot sun, now rain and wind and perhaps snow threatening!
In short, life is a mixture of ups and downs and opposite views, events and feelings.
Yesterday was such a day, for me....... And the reason why I didn't write on my Blog!
I had left a message for the manager of home adaptations to ring me on Fri... he rang yesterday. ( well I guess he did ring!). The reason for the necessary call was that the advice and referral for home adaptations had been sent to his office on Feb 17th. It wasn't till the invoice for the stair lift came to the office that it was realised that this vital referral had been overlooked.
The referral is all about , in the first instance, an means of exiting my house. The back door has steps too steep, thus utterly impossible to exit. The front exit is less steep, but still too steep for a wheelchair to climb. The recommendation was that a lift up to a road level wall would be constructed. Yesterday I discovered that the planning permission for the wall would take 2 months or so, then the construction for the lift another three months... so we're talking about 6months , at least, here! Additionally, the whole process depends on my being able to pay... which may take some weeks to find out what I would need to provide!

I didn't know if I should shout  , scream, or simply cry!  In the end I said, very calmly, to the man.."You do realise I'm terminally ill." His response was,"I'm sorry about that".
I feel more than sorry .
I have been trying to be very, very positive, feeling that if I am, then my life will be extended. It is sad to find that, during the last few days, I recognise I have weakened. This morning I filled the kettle and found it almost impossible to lift. I am very wobbly and need to sit and rest between any simple activity.
really , really need an outdoor wheelchair, and a manner of getting up to the road. I need to know what wheelchair I will get to order a car that can stow it... ie it's size... and the car will take 2 months to come.
It makes you want to shout and scream... SOOOOOOO frustrating!
I fear that if I become much weaker none of this will be relevant. I need solutions NOW!

So dear readers, a scream and shout!
 It's at times like these that I value your metaphorical hugs.. so thanks, all gratefully received!

HUG ME , I'VE GOT MND

1 comment:

  1. You do need lots of hugs so belatedly here they are..................x

    ReplyDelete