Pages

Sunday 6 January 2013

CREMATORIUM CAMBRIDGE, ELEANOR ROSE VICCARS, MY BELOVED DAUGHTER.

I asked my college friend Christine ( who now lectures at Homerton) ,that if possible , would she visit the crematorium at Cambridge and take a pic of the book of Remembrance for me.  Today is the day it is open on the anniversary of my daughter, Eleanor s , death... and I doubt if I will ever get to be there again.

Chris said she would do it.

This is the response she sent me :

I went to the Crematorium first thing this morning and wanted to describe
it for you. It was misty and quite mild and I was the only one there. I have
taken a photo of the view before I went into the room. The Remembrance
Books are kept in a small cosy room that has many plants and cards spread
across the floor and shelves. Eleanor's name was easy to spot, second from
the top of the first page of the book as you step in the room. I didn't
know if I would be able to leave anything but I had brought a small pot of
early snowdrops. I spotted a card with some poignant words that I liked
and have taken a photo of the snowdrops alongside the card for you.

I thought the snowdrops would be happier outside rather than in, so I
walked through the gardens, thinking of both you and Eleanor. I discovered
a recently designed part of the garden that is dedicated to 'all babies and
children so briefly known'. It was incredibly still and peaceful just to
stand there in the mist. I left the snowdrops by a mother deer and her
small baby. 





Christine and I had been in touch since 1970 when we finished college, but also met up at Mill Rd maternity Hospital, when she too, was pregnant. Her second child , Laura, ( a successful  actress , but I don't wish to reveal personal details here, as these are friends not celebrities to me),  was born whilst Eleanor was alive............. but prior to this delivery  Christine visited me..... bringing  some perfume..... Magie Noir... To this day I can't cope with  this fragrance as it brings back, too vividly, that visit........ but Christine knows this ........ we have discussed it........ she understands.......

And as you can see, she so does understand ............. how lovely was her response to my request to go to the Crematorium.


Thank you so much Christine..... My love always...... this memory is so important to me and you have made it happen.

Big hugs always..to my dear friend .........


HUG ME , I'VE GOT MND.

No comments:

Post a Comment