Pages

Monday 7 January 2013

WHAT A DAY!!

I woke at 5:00 with griping pains in Tum.......... things not right since illness at beginning of Dec. Resolved : phone Overgate Hospice to ensure I see consultant Rachel tomorrow.. (Sorted this afternoon).

I spent the next two hours awake  and used this time to try to get comfortable and plan for my day.

I had planned to go to Hebden Bridge: Visit the chemists to sort prescription.. (needed on Wed.) ......... Take annotated care assessment form to Social worker( some errors) , book appointment with Psychiatrist ( feeling low some days and need to talk things over, like preparing for the end of life), post letters and parcel to Tam, also get to  form from Post Office which will certify documents are accurate.. needed for mortgage ( though why the hell I can't imagine, as they have all been taken by original broker... why can't he just pass on that he has seen this original info ??!!). Then on to Tod to check access to Philosophy class which happens every two weeks, and I'm interested in joining. AND I NEEDED TO SHOWER.

But I thought it out.
Laura could post parcels.
Laura would push me into shower.
Hospice would/ should be able to certify documents.
Ginny would look at access.
Carolyn would take letter to Social worker, same building.

You do need a brain to be this ill! LOL !!!

I decided to sleep........... woke at 10:50.
Laura came at noon.
We had a coffee and sorted list out .
Elsa took prescription in , Phone calls sorted lots of bits......... more than mentioned here............. lists are great!!!

At 3:00 not 4:00, as planned,  Carolyn and Karen arrived. They put other bed support on the far side of my bed. This will help me turn over more easily. A few accidents occurred,  as I have cables running everywhere...... but nowt that cant be fixed! BUT  Most difficult, is TV not working. Its ok as TV now as I've retuned it ,but the HMDI cable isn't working, so I have to get to bed by 10 in order to ensure I can watch Lewis ! No pause or record as usual. However friends coming round tomorrow and I am sure they will be able to sort cables. (Please). I did do my best to fix this , but getting into the corner in a wheel chair is, virtually, impossible.

Sue came to visit and we had brill chat. But when C and K finished bed, it was time for me to walk. This was not easy, and I'm ashamed that I did weep. BUT, with the new year resolution re Mascara ! What a mess my face was. Mustn't cry too often !!!

They all left, and my scanner which was showing errors all day was my next challenge! I had decided that the bank statement wasn't proof of address, (needed to be certified by Hospice tomorrow), so I thought I would copy a gas bill. Easier said than done. The scanner would NOT copy !!!! RATS !!!! So I thought, trick it! I scanned to computer and then printed. It worked !!!! YEY!!

So I've had my 6:00 GnT at 7:00 !.....Have  done Facebook, Blogged ( here it is) and will be soon heating Pasta Carbonara courtesy of Tesco !!

Bed at 10:00.... Lewis  and new clothes to wear to Hospice tomorrow............ Reflexology to look forward to and to seeing my special mates Jackie and David.

And tomorrow evening.... drinks with J & K and my TV fixed.

What a day !!!

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment