Pages

Sunday 27 January 2013

LE WEEKEND !

I'm feeling good.

This weekend has been happy and no new MND probs !!!

On Friday the expected snow arrived.... snowing me in still further. !

BUT: I knew that my good friends , known as the Coven , would be coming on Sunday to try to dig me out... however as the forecast was for a thaw by Sun and rain, maybe the work would not be necessary.
So Saturday: On Fri, I had had a large canvas brought down from the attic by Laura. I started to paint.... I had to prop it here there and everywhere ! to access it and get the paint anywhere near.... It was exhausting, but not impossible... The painting is coming on well. Just wished I had had the confidence to use a new canvas.... the texture of the under-painting does show through... need to try to use this texture to my advantage !

I was so shattered ... I had made chicken soup too... that I went to bed at 10. But then , Oh Joy !... Meet The Parents , was the film. I know it reasonably well and so dozed as I watched. When it was over I turned and slept..... really well !

Sunday , today, I woke , had breakfast, and was about dressed as Elsa arrived ... just in time to put on my socks, foot-ups  and slippers on.
She cleared the kitchen and then Liz arrived with Leah, a wonderful golden Retriever   AND her own home-made croissants...

Forgot to say.. all snow gone!!!

Maria and Barry arrived shortly after.

We all had a great time drinking coffee and eating croissants, a real triumph, and chatting....... not a mention of MND... I felt like a real person . YEY!!!!  
Maria did massage my feet whilst we chatted, the only nod to the MND.... but lots of people like having their feet massaged , so it didnt have to be because I have this (blank) disease !

I have painted until now , and after this will heat my very chicken-y soup for dinner....

Now from  tomorrow things might change. I have breathing clinic on Mon, Psychiatrist on Tues, Dentist on Wed and then... OH YES !!! Nails on Thurs !!!!   FRI , a day of rest. I was invited out for lunch, but realise that afer such a busy week I will definitely need a rest............


HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

No comments:

Post a Comment