Pages

Thursday 17 January 2013

TIME GOES BY SO...... QUICKLY !!!!!

I cant believe it's nearly a week since I last wrote here. and yet the time has passed so quickly.

It's been a strange , mixed up sort of 6 days.

My daughter Eliza with her husband Andrea and my grandchildren Sweetie Pie and Mallei visited for the weekend. Well you wouldn't expect me to interrupt my time with them Blogging, would you? I see them more frequently now but it's still not every day, as they live in the Midlands, and after all ,have their lives to live. So it works out at about every 4 to 6 weeks.

They arrived at 10:00 at night. The little ones had been asleep in the car. BUT I was so thrilled as Sweetie Pie came in with her sleepy arms open to hug me.
How Happy, happy, happy this made made me.

We played a few games over the weekend, but the best two were a form of Netball using screwed up paper made as a ball and chucking it into a waste paper bin. The next best was a screwed up paper (again waste) being collected using my "Extra Hand " litter picker !! Then placing the paper in the bin !

On Monday the snow arrived. Two visitors weren't able to get up to see me, and my PA was unwell. I then did something very silly. I tidied, (in a fashion), loaded the washing machine (twice) .... and generally ended up exhausting myself.  So much so ,that when C came to walk me , I could only do three steps before I felt I would collapse.

I decided, then and there , that I would not be going to Overgate Hospice the next day.

So the Tuesday was free..... I managed to get paper work in order and also to paint. It was such a pleasant day.

Wednesday and Laura  (my PA) came and sorted out my general Chaos.
Michelle arrived to do the planning for care assessment. I slowly gained clarity on the process and so when she said we could stop if I were tired, I said yes, lets stop, but do you have a blank sheet and then I can add my needs as I see them.
This is such a difficult process. You are asked what your needs are, then it's suggested that you wont be allowed that much... A complete  mystery, which is both frustrating,irritating and demeaning !
Sue and Kendrick came and helped with bits like light bulbs and we discussed the easel issue. I find it difficult to reach to paint. Eventually we found a solution using an old kitchen table and reducing the height of the ledge which the canvas sits on. K took it away to make the adjustments.

Today ,at 9:45 ,men from stores came to collect the old (completely uncomfortable ) rise and recline chair and to deliver a bed pad which should reduce the pressure on my hips. (Actually I had wakened at 4:00 this morning in considerable pain in my right hip where I had been laying too long). So tonight I hope for more comfortable sleep.

At 1:00 physio arrived and massaged my neck. It is sooooooooooo painful , I don't have any place to rest it, as both the wheelchair and the (now gone) rise and recline chair, do not give support.
Janice ( my artist friend) came at 1:30. We chatted , had salad and houmous for lunch and some red wine. We had just finished our first glass, when Sue and Kendrick, and their friend Ann, arrived and we assembled the new easel ! YEY !!!! This works YEY!!!! Also K fixed the fridge, I ran into it last night in the w.chair and it got shoved off its legs!!! We shared wine and happy chat. What a lovely day it ended up after the very shaky start.


HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND

1 comment: