Pages

Tuesday 29 January 2013

THE BLANK BLANK CAR AGAIN !

So here I am at Misty morn, sitting and waiting for RAC!

 It was quite warm this morning and extremely snugly in bed !!  So, as if you know me by now, where did I want to sty ?? Yes, you got it ... in bed.

Mornings are the roughest time of the day for me. I wake achey , needing the loo (like everyone in the world I expect,) and having to hoick myself out of bed, into wheelchair... etc.... all of this involves standing turning when you just feel sleepy !!! Not easy. I am also very slow and ponderous in my movement, I fear this could be a fall time... but I guess if I did I would be so relaxed that I wouldnt hurt myself !!!!  LOL !!

Anyway , yesterday was exhausting as it involved a shower and a hospital visit to see Dr Thomas (lovely man), at the breathing clinic... I had decided to drive with Barry (riding shotgun) , as I hadnt been out because of snow, for some time,  weeks (?) . But it was sooo blustery and so very wet (sideways rain) , that I decided to take up Barry on his offer to drive me in his car.

The visit went well. Dr Thomas allowed me the time to chat freeely and ask about all sorts of issues re muscles and breathing. I found I have lost 4K.. not entirely surprised, I do realise I'm eating less, get tired halfway through a meal....

We didn't getback to M.morn till nearly six. Barry made me a coffee and then departed, having made sure I needed no other help.
.......... I was shattered , once again, by nine but stayed watching TV untill 10. Then off to bed.
Laura had moved my TV so it was much easier to just rest and view. I enjoyed Lewis which I had recorded.

Light off. Sleep time.... but no ! Once again it illuded me ! RATS, RATS!  RATS!!

So that's , once again, why  I was so sleepy this morn.

BUT 11:20 I had an appointment with Dr Millard at Tod.

Though I didn't want to, I got breakfast, and was just about to get washed and dressed when the ambulance transport arrived to take me to Overgate. Overgate had neglected to cancel or at any rate there had been a mix -up. This apparently costs the hospice £56 , so I do hope it was the fault of the Ambulance service and not the Hospice or they will be charged.

So then I got washed , dressed and then needed a little rest before setting out to get in car.

Got in, locked down, seat belt on straight away... the gods were with me. So I decided that after appointment I would go to the florist and treat myself to some flowers.... Turn Key...

Beep beep beep... urrrrrh bbbeeepppp beeeepppp urr urrr urrr urrrh !

No way was the Blank Blank car going to start. RATS RATS RATS !!!!

So , No way was I going to get to Tod................. I would have to ring RAC.....

Got lunch.. even though Ginny is coming to dinner tonight, I was really hungry so made fish and chips......

RAC arrived. It was the battery. I now have an even more powerful one 640 v or watts or whatever the unit of measurement is..............

Because of the snow and me not using the van, the battery had drained. But having checked, the RAC found that there is a bit too much drain and suggested I take van back to adaptations centre....

Do I want to do this ?
NO not really, it could come back worse than it left me.... better the devil you know. Just need to make sure I go out at least twice a week.... so that,s the plan.

Never mind the MND, my BB van/car could do with a Blog all of its own !!

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND



No comments:

Post a Comment