Pages

Monday 21 January 2013

SNOW MONDAY... DELIVERIES?

I woke at 4:00 this morning... looked out of the window.... mega snow... wind whipping up the fallen snow.... Got out of bed and decided to turn heating up. I wasn't cold, but knew that out of bed I would be, and I HAD to shower in the morn.

I then turned off alarm, knowing that Laura wouldn't arrive. !!  But even though I sent txt to that effect, there was a knock at my window as I was getting out of bed. Laura !! VERY Kind, but completely daft to risk the roads !!! We had a coffee and she turned round to go home. I made her promise to txt as she got home.

I then showered...Difficult transfer, didn't I rinse well enough? , slipped on shower chair..... Resolved: only  shower with help or at least with someone in the house. ( Legs getting v weak ).  Just putting on my slippers when there was a knock at the door..... Bethan (OT) followed by Mick and Dave from Yorkshire Care with my chair.  YEY !!!

I really didn't believe that they would make it through, even though the chair had been promised for noon today .

Well it looks great. A brilliant shade of grey. Actually the same as the original colour chosen for the carpet... (but due to errors in requirements this got changed... too long a story to go into again.) So the carpet is a sort of grey called stone. The bright fresh blue/grey of the chair now makes the carpet look dirty. (This carpet issue  makes me sad, but was beyond my control..... Just ,visitors, believe me , the carpet is clean !)

So, next activity for Mike and Dave.. fix up chair.

Next activity for me, get in chair. Plan A:I drove at right angles to it. Plan B: I drove at 45* to it... When I stood, I simply could not get in ... my legs don't lift.... this was a fear I have had... AND ,after waiting so long for a chair, it was a heartbreaking moment...... and yes, tears came to my eyes...

So, get a grip,  Nikki !!!
Plan C: If the chair was by the window I would be able to use the window sill to support me.
So Mike and Dave moved sofa, tables etc etc ... but it didnt work... too long a stretch to get to window sill...... I didnt feel safe.....

Plan D:  drive head on to chair.... move wheel chair out of the way by reaching .... sort of worked but difficulty controlling... then Bethan suggested using "Extra Hand", or litter picker as I call it .

Plan E:  I then drove up.. and used litter picker to move w.chair away.
 It worked, but I didn't feel 100% safe.

Physio Michaela is due to come in on Wed... I will practise then, unless anyone pops in and then I will attempt... but wont do it when I'm in the house by myself... too risky.

So I said goodbye and thanks to Mike and Dave.. and mentioned my Blog... so if you're reading this guys, Thanks for your help today.

Bethan left and at 1:40 I got breakfast... didn't mention that I hadn't eaten up till then did I?

At 2:30 I got a jacket potato....

At 3:30 I decided a rest would be in order.
Woke at 5:45 when Chrissie rang.
Watched news....... Staying frozen for the rest of the week... OH Joy !!

HUG ME, I'VE GOT MND




No comments:

Post a Comment